|S. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Email ID|
DR. Madhuri Agrawal
Beriyon ka Baas, Rai Colony, Barmer
DR. Tarun Sharma
Kalyan Pura, Khatiyo ka Nichla baas
|3||Dr Madan Solanki||Assistant Professor||Mahaveer Nagar Barmer||7665558868|
|4||Dr. Shweta Amerneel||Sr. Demonstrator||JSW Campus Barmeremail@example.com|
Department of Pathology
The Department of Pathology at GMC Barmer is located in the third floor of the Medical College building, and the Clinical Pathology and Hematology& cytology laboratory is located in the second floor of the Hospital building.
Department of Pathology plays two essential roles in the field of medicine, which includes educating the medical students and providing diagnostic services. It is a branch of medicine, which links basic sciences with clinical symptoms and signs. It helps the medical students to understand the basic mechanism and pathophysiology of diseases. In the era of evidence-based medicine Pathology plays a major role in providing a conclusive diagnosis. The diagnostic sub-specialties within this Department include Histopathology, Cytopathology, Hematology, and Clinical Pathology.
With significant advances in the field of science and various clinical specialties, there have been major breakthroughs in Pathology. It now not only provides diagnosis, but is also an equally sought after diagnostic specialty for theranostic reasons and prognostication of diseases.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
Department of Pathology at GMC Barmer is committed to offer every essential diagnostic facility for patient care and management, with emphasis on strict quality assurance for every section of the Department. Presently, the Department provides Hematology, Clinical Pathology, Cytology and Histopathology services.
The Hematology and Clinical Pathology services include complete Hemogram, Hemoparasite detection, ESR, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, reticulocyte count, basic coagulation workup, urine routine and microscopic examination and fluid cell counts.
The Cytopathology section provides facility for Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC), cervical smear screening, fluid cytologyand cell blocks.
The Histopathology section provides routine histopathology services, special stains (histochemistry) and opinion/ review on outside slides and blocks.
Aims & Objectives
- To excel in sub-specialties of Histopathology, Cytopathology, Hematopathology and Clinical Pathology for quality patient care.
- To be able to offer expert consultation for Hematopathology, Cytopathology and Histopathology.
- To teach medical students the basic understanding of disease and relate its importance with clinical findings through an integrated approach.
- To create an environment for encouraging research activities for medical students, residents and faculty.
· TEACHING ACTIVITIES
· The Department of Pathology have a balanced approach with a combination of didactic lectures, Practicals, demonstration/Tutorials, problem based learning and small group discussions. Lectures are made interesting and lively with use of multimedia.
· Robbins & Cotran (Pathologic basis of disease )
· Harshmohan Textbook of Pathology
· Clinical pathology –Essentials of clinical pathology by Shrish M Kawthalkar
· Hematology – Atlas and test of hematology by Dr Tejinder Singh
· Curran’s atlas of histopathology
Publication by Faculty
Dr. Madhuri Agrawal
1. Madhuri Agrawal, Neil Sharma. Seroprevalence of chikungunya virus in Bharatpur District Rajasthan: A 4 years study. Indian journal of pathology: Research and Practice. Vol-8, Jan-Feb2019; 48-51.
2. Avinash Pande, Madhuri Agrawal et al.Threats of Transfusion Transmitted Infections: Trends and Seroprevalence among Healthy Blood Donors in Govt. RBM District Hospital Blood bank; Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India. . Indian journal of pathology: Research and Practice. Vol-7, Feb2018; 167-170.
3. Avinash Pande, Madhuri Agrawal et al. A 7 Years Retrospective study of Prevalence and Seasonal Trends of Different Malarial Species in District Bharatpur, Rajasthan. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences.Feb2018;6(2):584-586.
4. Dr.Chandra Mathur, Madhuri Agrawal et al. Primary Ovarian Fibrosarcoma- A Rare Case Report. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences.Vol15,issue 1.Jan2016; 65-68.
5. Gautam Chauhan, Madhuri Agrawal et al. Spectrum of Histopathological Lesions in Lung Autopsy. Journal of Research and Medical and Dental Sciences.Vol-3 issue2.April- June2015;109-112.
6. Madhuri Agrawal, Ramkumar Singhal et al. Seroprevalence and Trend of Transfusion Transmissible Infectious Diseases among Blood Donors in Bhavnagar District, Gujarat; India- A 5 Year Retrospective Analysis. Indian journal of research in Medicine. 2014;3(3);100-104.
7. Madhuri Agrawal, Ramkumar Singhal et al. Screening of Anti-HBc in Blood Donors for the Presence of Occult HBV Activity. Indian journal of research in Medicine. 2013;2(2);12-15.
Dr. Tarun Sharma
1. Tarun Sharma, Neha Sharma, Anjali Sharma et al ;Aggressive Angiomyxoma of Cervix- A Rare Case Report. Sch J Med Case Rep, November 2015; 3(11):1139-1141.
2. Suman Kumari , Tarun Sharma, Deepika and Anand Raj Kalla; double heterozygous HbS/HbD incidentally diagnosed during pregnancy- a case report. EJBPS, Volume: 5 Issue: 8 524-526 Year: 2018.
4. Garima Gupta, V. Lokanathan, V S Ghalaut, Krishna Malik, Tarun Sharma, Isha Malik. Beta 2 microglobulin as a marker of diagnosis and disease severity in Non Hodgkin lymphoma. , Int J Dent Health Sci 2015; 2(2):294-300.
Dr. Shweta Amarneel
1. S. Amarneel, N. Sheth. Pattern of Anemia in Elderly Age Group.IJSRR 2015, 4(2), 51 – 56
2. N. A. Qureshi, M. A. Z. Chauhan, R. A. Qureshi, S.K.Suri, S.Amarneel. Autopsy Study of Heart with special emphasis on coronary artery lesions.SEAJCRR 2015 MAY-JUNE 4(3) 1694-1707.
3. M.Gohil, S.Amarneel. Hysterectomy: A Clinico-Pathological Correlation of 620 Cases. IJSR vol:4 issue 6 june 2015 530-531
4. S.Amarneel, M. R.Gohil, S.Gamit, M.Vala, D.Shukla. Study of Serum Prostate Specific Antigen Level in Prostate Biopsy Specimens.IJIRD June, 2015 Vol 4 Issue 6 177-179
5. S. Amarneel, S. K. Suri. Histopathological study of prostatic lesion.IJAR 2018,Volume-8 | Issue-12 | December-2018 114-115
6. S. Amarneel, J. J. Chavda,A. P.Goswami, G. K. Chauhan, S.K.Suri. ACaseReport On Sudden Death in Sickle Cell Anaemia. IJCMAAS 2014, vol:2 issue: 2 ,15-17