MEDICAL EDUCATION UNIT
Medical Education consisting of eight faculty members belonging to different departments was established in year 2006 under chairmanship of Principal and Controller to improve teaching of under graduate & post graduate students.
The committee suggests necessary improvement for academic excellence of the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Dr. S.N. Medical College Jodhpur and it also supervised to implement of the guidelines of Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
The basic course workshop for training faculty was started in year 2012 under the supervision of MCI observer from Regional Training Center. Since then 6 basic course workshop has been conducted by Medical Education Unit and 169 faculty were trained. The recommendations suggested by basic course workshop training related to innovative teaching methods and making ideal question papers are being implemented by all departments.
The MEU is also regularly conducting orations, CME, Student quiz, integrated teaching programme apart from training faculty.
Recently foundation course for 1st MBBS students have been started. Basic life support workshop is also started to train students of pre and final MBBS students.
MEU meetings are regularly conducted for implementation of recommendation proposed by MCI pertaining to teaching and updating course curriculum. The research is also being promoted and awards given for best research paper in senior and junior faculty.
The recommendations suggested by basic course workshop training related to innovative teaching methods and making ideal question papers are being implemented by all departments..
Objective: To improve the quality of medical training by training the teachers
- Sensitize teachers about new concepts in teaching and assessment methods
- Develop knowledge and clinical skills required for performing the role of competent and effective teacher, administrator, researcher and mentor
- Assist clinicians to acquire competency in communication and behavioral skills
- Update knowledge using modern information and research methodology tools.
Medical Education Unit, Dr S N Medical College, Jodhpur also works to facilitate, guide and council all students (Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Post Doctoral) for Fellowships, Scholarships and courses available from ICMR, KVPY etc.
- Clinical Meetings every month on 3rd Thursday with one of the faculty from each department presenting a common topic of interest
- Eight members of the institution were trained in Coordinator and Basic level course in Medical Education technology in February and March, 2012 at Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad (Gujrat)- a regional training centre of Medical Education Technology
- Conducted first Basic level Workshop in Medical Education technology from 17th to 19th September at Dr S N Medical College under the auspices of Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad (Gujrat)- a regional training centre of Medical Education Technology and trained Twenty five faculty of the institution. Dr Pandya from Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad (Gujrat) was the MCI observer for the course
- Two Tele-CMEs were conducted on 7th August and 14th December, 2012 at Dr S N Medical College, organized jointly by Department of Pediatrics, Dr S N Medical College, Jodhpur, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, Healthykids International, Toronto, Canada, IAP Marwar branch, Jodhpur and Medical Education unit, Dr S N Medical College, Jodhpur
- National Conference of Geriatric Medicine held from 23rd November until 25th November, 2012 at Dr S N Medical College, Jodhpur. During this conference a Tele-medicine session was held with Mount Sinai Hospital, New York USA with a presentation from Dr Audrey Chun
- Guest Lecture by Dr Amit Anand Purohit on 3rd January, 2013 on” Biological Application of mass spectrometry”.
- Guest Lecture by Dr Naresh Nebhinani, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, AIIMS, Jodhpur on Patient and Physician Relationship in December, 2014
Basic level training Workshop in Medical Education technology in 2015.
For more information on Medical Education Unit please log on to