DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
1. Participation in Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance (AMR) National Programme under NCDC Delhi.
2. Participation in EQAS Programme by IAMM EQAS Delhi.
3. Automated ID & Sensitivity system Vitek II and Automated media Preparator are installed which has enabled us to accommodate increase work load after implementation of MNJY scheme and report are available online on SMS website.
4. HIV test lab was NABL accredited in 2014. It is the first lab in Rajasthan Government setup that was NABL accredited.
5. Advance Research & Virology Lab :-
Ø This lab was upgraded to BSL-2 for testing Swine flu & it has been further upgraded by HDR / ICMR as grade I Virology Lab.
Ø Swine flu kit was validated by this lab.
Ø We have standardized viral diagnosis for more than 40 viruses by ELISA, PCR and Genotyping by Sequencing.
6. Swine flu outbreak 2015
Ø Performed round the clock Swine flu testing by RTPCR.
Ø Around 6500 samples were processed over a period of 2 months in our lab & results provided within 24 hrs of collection.
7. TB lab of our department has been the first lab to be get accreditation for all 3 technologies for TB Culture & DST from Central TB Division – LJ, MGIT, LPA
8. TB lab was the one to start & Validate LPA as part of FIND demonstration project to provided rapid diagnosis of MDRTB under DOTS PLUS Programme of RNTCP free of cost to half of the state of Rajasthan.
9. Extramural projects funded by ICMR on Molecular Epidemiology of TB in slum areas of Jaipur City.
10. A Round the clock Microbiology lab has been established in Trauma Centre for the serological diagnostic needs of emergency patients.
11. Microbiology team is trained in & a part of the Organ Transplant facility at the SMS Hospital.