Research & Publications
Department Of Microbiology
PUBLICATIONS IN THE YEAR 2018
1. A clinicomycological, study of otomycosis from a tertiary care hospital in Rajasthan, Indian Journal of microbiology. 2018; 8 (5). Dr. Surbhi Mittal, Dr. Aruna Vyas, Dr. Rakesh Kumar Maheshwari, Dr. Rajni Sharma.
2. Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of proteus species isolate from various clinical samples in a tertiary care hospital, Scholars journal of applied medical science. 2018; 6 (5): 1909-13. Dr. Mahima, Dr. Rekha Bachiwal, Dr. Rajni Sharma, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari,
3. Acute Respiratory Tract Infection by Rhinovirus in Adults at Jaipur, Scholars journal of applied medical sciences (SJAMS). 2018; 6 (5): 1877-79. Dr. Nikita Gupta, Dr. Jitendra Tiwari, Dr. Pratibha Sharma, Dr. Bharti Malhotra.
4. Magnitude of inducible clindamycin resistance in clinical isolates of staphylcoccus aureus in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Scholars journal of applied medical science. 2018; 6 (4): 1829-32, Dr. Sadhana Joshi, Dr. Ramesh Mishra , Dr. Nita Pal, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari.
5. Evaluation of risk factors and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of community and hospital isolates of urinary tract infection, Indian journal of medical and health research. 2018; 4 (6): 56-59. Dr. Satish Legha, Dr. Rajni Sharma, Dr. Aruna Vyas, Dr. Rekha Bachiwal.
6. Co-infection of cytomegalo virus among naïve HIV Positive persons in SMS Medical College, Jaipur Rajasthan, Indian Journal of applied research. 2018; 8 (4). Dr. Shivani Rawat, Dr. Nitya Vyas, Dr. Babita Sharma.
7. Speciation and antifungal susceptibility profile of candida isolates from urine samples in a tertiary care hospital, Indian journal of medical and health research. 2018; 4 (6): 12-15, Dr. Sushma Atal, Dr. R.K. Mishra, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari.
8. Correlation of C Reactive protein and Blood Culture in neonatal sepsis, Journal of clinical and diagnostic research, accepted in March 2018, Dr. Niza Monga, Dr. Rameshwari Bitthu.
9. Prevalence and antibiotic resistance pattern of Metallo – Beta lactamase producing pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates form clinical specimen in a Tertiary care hospital, Journal of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Accepted in April 2018, Dr. Vinita Choudhary.
10. Profile of respiratory pathogens causing acute respiratory infections in hospitalization in Rajasthan: a 4 year study. . Ind J Med Microbiol 2018; 36: 163-71. M. Anjaneya Swami, Bharti Malhotra, PV Janardhan Reddy, Jitendra Tiwari
11. Cluster of differentiation 4+ T cell counts and HIV 1 viral load in patients coinfected with hepatitis B virus and Hepatitis C Virus. J of lab physicians 2018; 10 (2). Gupta S, Malhotra B, Tiwari J, Khandelwal P D, Maheshwari R.
12. Molecular characterization of Hepatitis A Virus isolates from children hospitalized at tertiary care center Jaipur. Indian J Med Res. 2018; 147: 435-526. Malhotra B, Kanwar A, Reddy PVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J, Bhargava S, Verma HN.
13. Anticancer activity of Asparagus racemosus root extracts in non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2018; 4(6). https://doi.org/10.31024/ajpp.2018.4.6.7 Debaashish Biswas, Manisha Mathur, Hemant Malhotra, Shipra Bhargava, Bharti Malhotra.
14. Evaluation of MTBDRsl V1.0 for detecting resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis to second line drugs" accepted International journal Tuberculosis and lung disease 2018. Rupjyoti Chandak, Bharti Malhotra*, Shipra Bhargav, Sumit Goyal, Deepika Harjai Jitender Tiwari.
15. “Geographical distribution of primary and secondary dengue in India-2017-a cross-sectional multi-centric study. Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Medical Research (IJMR). 2018. Chitra Rao, Harmanmeet Kaur, Nivedita Gupta, Sasidharanpillai Sabeena, Ambica R, Amita Jain, Ashvini Yadav, Bhagirathi Dwibedi, Bharti Malhotra, Dalip K Kakru, . Debasis Biswas, Deepali Savargaonkar, Ganesan M, Jyotsnamayee Sabat, Kanwardeep Dhingra, Lalitha S, Neena Valecha, Pamireddy Madhavilatha, Pradeep V Barde, Piyush D Joshi, Pratibha Sharma, Rajarshi Gupta, Ratho RK, Shailpreet Sidhu, Shakti Saumnam Shrivastava, Shanta Dutta, Shantala GB, Sheikh Imtiaz, Shveta Sethi, Usha Kalawat, Vijayachari P, Vimal, Neetu Vijay, Biswajyoti Borkakoty, Purnima Barua, Tapan Majumdar, Govindakarnavar Arunkumar.
CMEs AND WORKSHOPS COMNDUCTED IN THE YEAR 2018
1. On site hands on training for detection of ZIKA virus by Real time PCR (March 26-27) in collaboration with NIV Pune
2. CME and workshop on CCHF (Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic fever) and biorisk mitigation in handling infectious materials in laboratories and Hospital settings (May 7-10) in collaboration with NIV Pune.
3. Rapid syndromic testing for the diagnosis of infectious diseases (June 1)
4. Workshop on lab molecular Oncology in ISMPOCON (conquering cancer- current concepts) (Nov 16-18)
5. HIV sentinel surveillance training for PMOs, Site incharges, laboratory Technicians and Counselors (Dec17-18)
Previous Years Research and Publications
1. Malhotra B, Tiwari JK, Chauhan A , Malhotra H. Etiological study of viruses causing acute encephalitis syndrome in North West India. 2017 (Submitted to Ind J Med Microbiol).
2. Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Goyal S, Sharma G, VermaD, Patni T, Kala D, Gupta KN, SaxenaA, MishraV, Alvadi U. Drug resistance profile to second line drugs in newly diagnosed MDR-TB patients at Western India. 2016 (submitted to Int J Tuber Lung dis).
3. Influence of HBV and HCV co-infection on CD4+ T cell counts and viral load in HIV positive patients. 2017 (submitted to J Lab Physicians).
4. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Kumar N, Tiwari J. Trends of respiratory syncytial virus sub groups in children hospitalized at tertiary care centre in Jaipur during 2012-14. Indian J. Med. Microbiol. 2017; 35:135-6.
5. Malhotra B, Swamy MA, Reddy PVJ. Viruses causing severe acute respiratory infections in children ≤5 years of age at a tertiary care hospital in Jaipur. Indian J Med Res.2016 Dec; 144(6):877-885.
6. Malhotra B, Singh R, Sharma P, Meena D, Gupta J, Atreya A, Meena BR. Epidemiological & clinical profile of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus infections during 2015 epidemic in Rajasthan. Indian J Med Res 2016:144, 918-923.
7. Singh R, Malhotra B, Sharma V, Sharma P, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Use of ESAT-6 Polymerase Chain Reaction for rapid diagnosis of female genital tuberculosis. International Journal of Scientific Research 2016; 5 (5): 676-678.
8. Singh R, Sharma V, Malhotra B, Sharma P, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Rapid Diagnosis of Female Genital Tuberculosis by MPB64 Polymerase Chain Reaction. Indian Journal of Applied Research. 2016; 6 (5)
9. Malhotra B, Kanwar A, Reddy PVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J, Bhargava S, Verma HN. Molecular characterization of Hepatitis A Virus isolates from children hospitalized at tertiary care center Jaipur. Indian J Med Res. 2016. (accepted )
10. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ. Distribution of human parainfluenza viruses 1 - 4 and their trends in hospitalised children ≤ 5 years of age from a tertiary care hospital in Jaipur. Indian Journal of Pedictric.. 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s12098-016-2139-6.
11. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Tiwari JK. Evaluation of custom multiplex real - time RT - PCR in comparison to fast - track diagnostics respiratory 2l pathogens kit for detection of multiple respiratory viruses. Virol J. 2016;13(1):91.
13. Kumar V, Dashora D, Sharma B, Goyal S, Reddy PVJ, Malhotra B. Clustering analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates obtained from Sethi Colony slum area of Jaipur City by using RAPD fingerprinting.IJSAR, 2016; 3(2): 11-15.
14. Kumar V, Dashora D, Sharma B, Goyal S, Reddy PVJ, Malhotra B. Molecular typing of M. tuberculosis isolates obtained from Sethi Colony Slum area of Jaipur City.IJSAR, 2016; 3(2): 22-28.
15. Tiwari JK, Malhotra B, Chauhan A, Swamy MA. Occurrence of Herpes Simplex Virus Encephalitis at Jaipur. Int J Sci Appl Res. 2015. 2: 79-82.
16. Tiwari JK, Chauhan A, Nair RT, Malhotra B. Detection of Japanese Encephalitis Virus by IgM ELISA Among Acute Viral Encephalitis Suspected Patients at Jaipur. Ind J Adv Res. 2015. 5: 437-439.
17. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Kumar N, Tiwari JK. Human Adenovirus in Hospitalised Children at a Tertiary Care Center in Jaipur.IJAR. 2015; 5(10): 54-57.
18. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ. Occurrence of Enterovirus in hospitalised children with Acute Respiratory Infection at a tertiary health care center Jaipur.IJSAR, 2015; 2(11): 01-05.
19. Goyal S, Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Verma D. Utility of MGIT-960 for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in extrapulmonary specimens. IJAR. 2015; 5(11):626-28.
20. Malhotra B, Dashora D, Kumar V, Goyal S, Sharma B, Kumar M, Gupta KN, Sharma VD, Chauhan DS, Katoch K, Katoch VM. Genetic Diversity and Drug resistance profiles of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from two slums of Jaipur city. Indian J Med Res. 2016.Accepted (In Press).
21. Raizada N, Sachdeva KS, Malhotra B, Thakur R, Kishore Reddy VC, Chauhan DS et al. Proficiency Assessment Mechanism for Line-Probe Assay Testing for Diagnosis of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis in India. Int J Pathol Clin Res. 2015; 1: 004.
22. Malhotra B, Goyal S, Bhargava S, ReddyPVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Rapid detection of Rifampicin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by high resolution melting curve analysis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2015. ; 19(12):1536-41.
23. Bhargava S, Malhotra H, Rathore OS, Malhotra B, Sharma P, Batra A, Sharma A, Chiplunkar SV. Anti-leukemic activities of alcoholic extracts of two traditional Indian medicinal plants.Leuk Lymphoma. 2015; 12: 1-15.
24. Malhotra H, Sharma P, Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Kumar M. Molecular response to Imatinib and its association with mRNA expression levels of Imatinib influx and efflux transporters in patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Chronic Phase. Indian J Med Res. 2015. 142(2):175-82.
25. Shilpa balothia . Epidemiological and diagnosis of keratomycosis in patients attending ophthalmology dept of SMS medical college, Jaipur. Int J med sci inn res, 2017.
26. Shilpa balothia. A study to find out diagnostic accuracy of calcofluor white stain among patients attending ophthalmology dept of SMS medical college, Jaipur.
Canadian J ophthalmology, 2015.
27. Evaluation of different phenotypic tests for detection of Metallobetalactamase in imipenem resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Sachdewa R, Babita Sharma, Sharma R. J. Lab. Physicians. 2017;9:249-53
28. Seropositivity and seasonal trend of dengue cases in Jaipur (Rajasthan), Western India (2010-2016). Sakshee Gupta, Nitya Vyas, Rameshwari Bithu, Rajeev Yadav, Babita Sharma International Multispecialty Journal of Health Vol-3, Issue-6, June- 2017 152-157
29. Significance of Beta 2-Microglobulin to predict the development of HIV/AIDS. Md. Khalid Hassan, Babita Sharma, Jitendra Panda, Nitya Vyas International Journal of Medical and Health Research Volume 3; Issue 6; June 2017;. 100-103
30. Total lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker for CD4+ T lymphocyte count in newly diagnosed HIV positive patients in tertiary care Hospital in Eastern Rajasthan. Mohd. Khalid Hassan, Nitya Vyas, Sakshee Gupta and Babita Sharma. International Journal of Applied Research 2017; 3(2): 87-90
31. Mycological Profile of Sputum of HIV Positive Patients with Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and its Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count Jyotsna Chandwani , Nitya Vyas , Saroj Hooja , Babita Sharma , Rakesh Maheshwari. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Sep, Vol-10(9): 28-31
32. Trend of HIV seropositivity among children attending ICTC SMS Medical College Jaipur, Rajasthan. Mittal A, Sharma B, Pathan N, Garg S, Vyas N Arch Med Health Sci 2016;4:17-21.
33. Isolation of Enteric Pathogens from HIV Positive Patients and Their Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count. Shiv Kumar, Babita Sharma, Saroj Hooja and Nitya Vyas. International Journal of Bioassays 4.10 (2015): 4342-4347.
34. Socio-demographic Characteristics of Clients Visiting Integrated Counseling and Testing Centre (ICTC) at SMS Medical College, Jaipur (Rajasthan) India. Anuj Mathur, Babita Sharma. Rameswari Bithu, Prerna Mittal International Multispecialty Journal of Health (IMJH)2015:-1:27-31
35. HIV Negative Parents with HIV Infected Child: a Case Report Dr. Nitya Vyas Dr Babita Sharma IJSR Volume : 4 | Issue : 1 | January 2015