Welcome to State Institute of Educational Research and Training (SIERT)
The State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Rajasthan (S.I.E.R.T.) was established in Udaipur on 11th November 1978 for qualitative upliftment in the area of school education as recommended by Mahrotra Committee set by the Government of Rajasthan. Different state level units were functioning at different places (State Institute of Education, State Institute of Science Education, Evaluation Unit, Educational & Vocational Guidance Bureau ) were brought under one umbrella. This institute functions as an academic wing of Commissioner of Elementary and the Commissioner of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, Bikaner. It acts as an academic adviser to the Department of Secondary Education and to the Ministry of Education in the state. The Institute is administration working of Commissioner of Elementary Education since January 2002.
SIERT is concerned with the academic aspect of school education including formation of curriculum, preparation of textbooks, teacher’s handbook and teaching training.
The SIERT is located in Aravalli Hills Area largely dominated by tribal population. Endowed with rich cultural heritage, natural resources and beautiful landscape, Udaipur is a world renowned tourist attraction. The SIERT situated opposite to ‘SAHELION-KI-BADI’.
- SIERT is an apex academic organization for educational planning, implementation and evaluation for school and teacher education.
- Under the provisions of the RTE Act-2009, SIERT has been designated as the highest academic authority for the state.
- It is an advisory and consultative body which assists and advises the state education department.
- It is the nodal agency for qualitative improvement at school stage.
- It provides leadership, academic guidance and support to institutes such as IASEs, CTEs and DIETs.
- Curriculum framework, syllabi and text book development for elementary education.
- Curriculum and material development for pre-service teacher training programme.
- Organizing in-service teacher capacity building programmes.
- Material development for teacher trainers (DIETs, CTEs & IASEs) and resource persons.
- Extension Activities (Science Fair, Life Skill Development Fair, Career Day Celebration)