Curriculum, Material and Development Education
Division 1 : Curriculum, Material and Development Education
The division performs varied roles with the overall objective of bringing about qualitative improvement in the academics of the schools. It involves in the development of model syllabi, curriculum and teaching-learning material, text books for all the subjects and evaluation of the 5th & 8th board examination. The division undertakes multifarious activities such as development of textbooks, other instructional materials like teachers’ handbook, training manuals, and supplementary readers with the objective of making subjects learning interactive and enriching.
1. Department of Science and Mathematics
Department of Science and Mathematics department conducts various programme of science, maths and physical education subject. Major work among them are curriculum development text book development module development training programme, Research, TLM development, KRP training, e-content development, innovations and organising science Fairs and seminars
Science Fairs play important role to enhance scientific attitude and aptitude among teachers and students.
2. Department of Social Sciences
Social Science Cell
Value Education Cell
3.Department of Languages
Language Cell : Hindi, English
Third Language Cell : Sanskrit, Panjabi, Urdu, Sindhi and Gujarati
4.Department of Educational Measurement and Evaluation
This section looks after all matters related to assessment. Since 2009 it is working mainly on continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE) programme and is being upscale in a phased manner since 2010-11. It is also involved in the work related to SIQE and 8th/5th board programmes.
5.Early Child Care Education ( ECCE)
ECCE aims at all round development of children age group 0 - 6 and prepares them for primary education. Primarily, there are two age groups targeted for the programme.
0 - 3 age group:
Infant stimulus programme for the care and development of infants.
3 - 6 age group:
Pre - primary education through play way method.
Roles and Responsibilities of the division :
- To develop the state curriculum framework for all levels (Grade 1 to 12) of school education.
- To prepare subject wise, class wise syllabus, state educational perspective and administration according to curriculum etc.
- To develop the guidelines for text book and learning material for writers, subject expert, illustrators, designers etc.
- To prepare subject wise, class wise text books and related learning material for teachers and students.
- To review existing curriculum, syllabus, text books as per the national curriculum, state guidelines, policy perspective plan, research reports and social needs etc.
- To develop supplementary reading material and e-learning material (in collaboration with division of educational technology for the development of E-Learning content).
- To develop the curriculum and related material for age appropriate children.
- To develop ECCE curriculum and related material.
- To develop Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology kit for teachers and students to support.
- To develop period and number distribution action plan for all classes.
- To develop modern laboratories and other resources for various subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Lingua lab, Social lab etc.
- To work on e-content creation with the help of Lab assistants.
- To define learning outcome and goals for each grade and subject. Alignment of learning outcome with subject curriculum and syllabus.
- To design and issue guidelines for the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation.
- To develop Formative and Summative assessment Tools and related material to support teachers.
- To develop learning and assessment strategies according to child centred pedagogy and CCE.
- To orient key resource person on new evaluation methods (in collaboration with Professional Education and Foundation)
- To develop blue print, sample paper, exemplar, subject wise, question framing guide book based on learning domain.
- To take inputs from the research divisions and incorporate in curriculum development.
- To provide research issues to the research department of council and DIETs.
- To execute RTE norms in the curriculum and evaluation process.