Dept. of Curriculum & Evalution
State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Udaipur
Department of Curriculum and Evaluation
This department drafts curriculum for the upper primary level school education, prepares text books based on the curriculum and the evaluation policy for children with the help of other departments of the institution.
· Early Childhood Education Project (ECCE)
· Anaemia Control Project (WIFS)
The cell is responsible for drawing up the curriculum for the different subjects up to the upper primary level. The cell draws up the resources of the other departments of the Institute, primarily the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Department of Mathematics and Sciences and the State Resource Group and different NGO’s working in the field of education, for its various activities.
This section looks after all matters related to assessment. Recently it is working mainly on continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE) programme which was piloted in the state in 2009 and is being upscale in a phased manner since 2010-11. It is also involved in the work related to SIQE and 8th/5th board programmes.
Early Childhood Education Project (ECCE)
This project aims at all round development of children and prepares them for primary education. Primarily, there are two age groups targeted for the programme.
0 - 3 age group:
Infant stimulus programme for the care and development of infants.
3 - 6 age group:
Pre - primary education through play way method.
This project is technically and financially supported by UNICEF. Activities related to Anaemia Control are also run under this project.
- Development of framework for curriculum.
- Co-ordination for the activities of development and try-out of curriculum and textbooks.
- Working out the strategies for curriculum transaction.
- Material Development for CCE (Modules, Source Books, Assessment Formats, Brochure, Documentary film)
- Early Childhood Education Project (ECE) and child media lab.
- Activities related to Anaemia Control Project.