Dept of Educational Technology
State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Udaipur
Department of Educational Technology
Introduction and objectives:
A Central Library by the name of ‘Educational Caravan’ was established in 1952, at Ajmer along with Delhi, Bhubaneshwar, Ahmedabad and Pune. At that time this, it was under the Social Education, Rajasthan at Bikaner. The name ‘Educational Caravan’ was changed to ‘Audio-Visual Dept. Ajmer in the year 1957. Since 1974, this Dept. functioning under Rajasthan State Institution of Educational Research & Training, Udaipur. In March 1990, Jaipur division of Educational Technology Dept. Rajasthan was merged with Ajmer and Audio-Visual Dept. Since then it is known as ‘Educational Technology Dept., Ajmer. It is located opposite Raj. State Roadways Transport Corporation, Centre Bus-Stand on Jaipur road Ajmer.
1. Distance Education (AIR) through broadcast program
2. Audio-visual education
3. New educational technology
Department of Educational Technology stresses on:
- Training of Computer Multi Media is given to In-Service-Teachers.
- To impart concept of Educational Technology to In-Service-Teachers.
- To provide training of various dimensions of Educational Technology to In-Service-Teachers, Lecturers of School Education.
- To prepare Calendar (Yearly) of School Broadcasting Programme.
- To prepare lessons after the selection of Lessons-for School Broadcasting Programme.
- To connect the School Broadcasting Programme with Prasar Bharti through Radio.
- To impart the skills to produce economical and Low cost teaching aid.
- To screen Educational films/Documentaries to help in-service teachers.
- To screen educational entertainment films at various Public Forums e.g. Fair/Public Display Functions and Local Schools/ at various festivals and occasions.
- To promote Educational Research.
Previously, the main function of this department was to make the publicity of the film made by UNICEF, INR and the tax free films made by the producers. The department also worked to visualize the video recording of government functions and their achievements. It also worked to visualize these video recording up to rural and urban areas.
Educational exhibitions were also organized by this department for educational establishment in which the exhibition of modal charts and other material were exhibited in rural and urban fair.
Along with the film production and film shows this department also had its own conveyance facility to make the publicity of these films and perform film shows. But due to ignorance of technological changes this facility are totally finished.
Main jobs of the department are as follows:
- Computer and multimedia training.
- Educational technology training.
- English language skill training by Lingua phone lab.
- School Broadcasting by the Co-operation of Prasar Bharti.
- Audio-cassette Preparation.
- Audio & video CD Preparation.
- Film show.
2953 Old & Rare films are preserved in Film Library of the Department. National Movements under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, Dandi March, Round Table Conference Drawing of Noakhali are available. 78 Feature Films, 08 Colored in which ‘Roti, Kapda Aur Makan’, ‘Jagrati’ like Social, Religious etc films are available. Rajasthani Language films like ‘Baba Ramdev’, ‘Nani Bai Ka Mayara’ are also available. 2794 Documentary film, Indian News Picture related film strip of development of different fields after Independence is also available, in which 123 Video Film and 1318 Film Strip of Educational Activities are also available. Department is trying continuously to preserve these historical wealth with the changing mode of time.