J.K. Lon Hospital is situated in the campus of MBS Hospital & has a separate administration control headed by Medical Superintendent. The hospital came in to existence & started working on 2nd October, 1973 after a foundation stone laid down by Mohan LalSukhadiaji in 1971. The hospital building was donated by J.K. Group of Industries, Kota which showed a great interest & concern towards mother & child health care. The hospital was later on extended & new wards, operation theatres & intensive care units were started as per the needs of the patients. Initially the hospital started as a district hospital till 1992 when it came under Government Medical College, Kota. Presently Gynae&Pediatrics Medicine Departments are catering their services in this hospital.
General Information :-
· Medical Staff – There are 38 doctors & 115 Nursing Staff working in J.K. Lon hospital
· The hospital is well equipped with 24 hours emergency & daily outdoor & indoor facilities.
· The hospital has total bed strength of 307 beds & total 17 wards including 3 intensive care units for serious patients.
· A separate laboratory for gynae&paeds patients available in the department.
· Chest X-Ray, USG, ECG facilities also available in the department.
Timings to see Outdoor Patients :-
Summer (April to September)
8.00 AM - 2.00 PM
Winter (October to March)
9.00 AM - 3.00 PM
On state holidays
9.00 AM to 11.00 AM
Emergency Services :- Available round the clock
· A Gynae casualty running adjacent to labour room with a separate doctor posted.
· 2 labour rooms (septic labour room & clean labour room) for vaginal deliveries.
· Emergency operation theatre with 3 O.T. tables.
· Emergency laboratory for urgent investigations.
· High dependency unit for gynae patients & Neo natal ICU &pediatrics ICU for serious pediatrics patients.
· Medical store - 24 hours running for gynae&pediatrics patients.
Registration facilities :-
Rs. 5/ - patient for outdoor patients &Rs. 10/- for indoor patients is charged no registration fees for BPL card holders & other categories given by rajasthan government.
· 3 labs are present in the hospital for routine outdoor patients & indoor patients.
· An emergency lab working round the clock for urgent blood & urine investigations for both gynae&pediatrics patients.
Radiographic facilities :-
· 2 ultrasound rooms are present which gives routine & emergency services (24 hours).
· X-ray for OPD patients also available.
Other special test :-
· Hb, urine, blood group, UPT & HIV.
· Blood sugar, serum bilirubin, & other blood & urine investigations are being done in central lab situated in J.K. Lon hospital campus.
· Pap smear test
Vaccination facilities: -
Available 6 days a week with 2 hours service on state holidays for pregnant women & children.
Antenatal clinic &Gynae OPD :-
ANC clinic for antenatal patients run 3 days a week on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday. Gynae OPD for other gynae patients run 6 days a week with 2 hours on holidays.
Female STD clinic :- 6 Days a week.
· Free counseling& information with treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.
· HIV & AIDS patients are provided counseling& testing.
Cancer clinic :- Runs on Friday .
Infertility clinic :- Saturday
Menopausal clinic :- On Friday.
Postnatal clinic :- On Thursday.
Family welfare clinic :- Running on 6 days a week for family planning counseling& providing other means of birth control (IUCDs, OCPs) to the needy patients. A separate register is being maintained for record keeping at the clinic with follow up facilities available.
Delivery facilities :-
· A septic labour room with 18 beds available for antenatal patients with all drugs for augmentation & induction of labour & medical abortion present
· 7 separate cabins for delivery of the patient are present which provide full privacy to the patient.
· A clean labour room with 4 beds available .
· Both labour rooms are equipped with all required drugs, instruments for episiotomy, tear suturing & forceps application.
· Eclampsia room with 4 beds is available for serious eclampsia patient with all required monitors & drugs.
· Facilities for emergency MTPs & postpartum IUCD insertion also available.
Opertation facilities :-
· Routine operation theatre with 4 O.T. table & special facilities of laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, harmonic, enseal&morsilator are present in the department.
· Emergency operation theatre – has 3 O.T. table with separate staff nurse & another staff.
· A separate anesthesia unit posted in gynae department.
Other facilities in the Hospital :-
· DDC or Medical store facilities - Total 6 medical stores or drug distribution center are present in J.K. Lon hospital with a separate store for BPL card holders for free drug distribution of drugs.
· One medical store is available in the hospital which works 24 hours.
· Free ambulance facilities for the referred and serious patients.
· Free wheel chairs and stretchers for the patients round the clock.