Govt. College of Nursing (GCON), Jaipur
Name - Dr. Jogendra Sharma
Date of Birth: 24 September
Present Designation: Principal, Govt. College of Nursing, Jaipur
Additional Responsibilities: Executive Committee Member, Indian Nursing Council,
Dean, Faculty of Nursing, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences
Office Address: Govt College of Nursing, Near Charak Bhawan, JLN Marg, Jaipur 302004
Phone- 0141-2508587, 01412518370
Qualification: M. Sc. (N) Medical Surgical Nursing, Ph.D. (N), MBA in Hospital Administration
Experience: 29 years including Clinical, Administrative & Teaching
1. Principal (Academic) - 1 Feb 2016 – till date –During this tenure I worked meticulously to improve the standards of education. UG & PG classes are now being held very regularly and the academic environment of the institute has become more interactive.
2. Besides working as principal I have looked after all disciplines of college for e.g. Academic, Hostel, Head of Library, Chairman of various college committee like Disciplinary Action Committee, Sports, Research, Anti Ragging, etc.
3. Other administrative posts held are :
· Assistant Registrar, RUHS (2010 to 2012)
· Registrar, Rajasthan Nursing Council (Dec. 2013 to Nov. 2015)
· Principal Coordinator, GFATM Project
· President, TNAI State Branch Rajasthan
· HOI - IGNOU Regional Study Centre
· Member Secretary - Faculty of Nursing, RUHS
· Member -Board of Studies, RUHS
· Member- Board of Inspection , RUHS
· Member - Academic Council, RUHS
· Chairman, Counselling Board, RUHS (2016)
1. National Florence Nightingale President award in 2015
List of Project Steered:
2. RNC Village Adoption Project
3. TNAI Membership Campaign
4. Establishment of SNA Unit
1. Organized state level conference on prevention & management of oral cancer at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & College of nursing, Jaipur in Jan 2010.
2. Organized SNA State level conference first time in Rajasthan in Nov 2015.
3. Organized TNAI National Conference after 13 years in Rajasthan at large scale in Oct 2016.
4. Patron, National Conference of SOCHNI held in Feb 2016 on Disaster Management
1. PG examiner in reputed institutes and many state health universities.
2. Member of Editorial board- Journal of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur
3. Papers presented or published in various National and International conference and Journals
4. Delivered educative talk on television, Radio and written articles in many newspapers and magazines.
5. Research Guide in Own and Other Institute.