Research & Publications
Department Of Biochemistry
Research & Publications
Dr. SANDHYA MISHRA (Sr. Professor)
Teaching: Teaching medical Biochemistry to undergraduate and post-graduate medical students since 1993
Clinical: Supervising clinical Biochemistry investigation services since 1993. Developed expertise in Automation and quality control in Clinical Chemistry.
Chairman Scientific committee for Asia congress of Clinical Biochemistry (2019).
Associate Editor of Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry (IJCB) an official publication of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India from July 2006 till date.
Subject expert for Rajasthan Medical Journal from 2018 till date
Books: Chapter on topic "Effects of Physiological Variations on Vitamin C level in Women: An overview" in Latest trends in Clinical Biochemistry (Publication of Association of Clinical biochemist of India) 2003 Page 581 – 590
Research: Actively involved in research and published 39 scientific papers in various prestigious National and International Journals
Presently supervising 7 research Projects.
1. Association of trace elements with bone metabolism in inflammatory bowel disease patients. International J. of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2018; 25(3): 30-35.
2. Ionic calcium verses Total calcium in Relation to Disease Severity and Inflammation in pulmonary Tuberculosis. Int. J. of Med. Sc and Current Research. 2018 (Nov-Dec); 1(4): 23-32.
3. Vitamin D in pulmonary tuberculosis patients in relation to disease severity. Int. Journal of Current Research. 2018 (July); 10(7): 71347-52.
4. Study of Iron metabolism in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Int. Journal of Health Science and Research. 2018(March); 8(3) : 70-77.
5. Study of Copper, Zinc and Cerruloplasmin Albumin ratio in pulmonary tuberculosis patients on different drug regimes. International Journal of Current Research. 2017(April); 9 (4): 49085-89.
6. Usefulness of pleural fluid ADA level in differential diagnosis of exudative pleural effusion- A PILOT STUDY. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2016 (August); 2(8): 513-519.
7. Role of Prealbumin and Transferrin in assessment of malnutrition risk in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Indian Journal of Research. 2016 (July); 5 (7): 140-144.
8. Imaging and Biochemical Findings in Maple Syrup Urine Disease- A case report.Int. Journal of Medical Science and education. 2016 (April); 3(1).
9. Study of lipid profile in pulmonary tuberculosis patients and relapse cases in relation with disease severity- Apilot study. International Journal of Sciences and Applied Research, 2(1), 2015; 41-50.
10. Evaluation of lipid profile in patients with liver cirrhosis and their association with severity of the disease. International J. of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2015;16 (1): 79 – 82.
11. Serum zinc, copper and selenium level in Inflammatory bowel disease patients and their relation with metabolic bone disease. International J. of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2015; 14(1): 56-62.
12. Study of Trace Elements in Liver Cirrhosis patients and their role in prognosis of disease. Biological Trace Element Research. 2015;165:35-40, DOI 10.1007/s12011-015-0237-3.
13. Reference Interval for certain renal profile parameters in north Indian population from Rajasthan. International journal of advance in scientific research. IJASR 2015;1(05):233-238, DOI 10.7439/IJASR.
14. Identification of Preanalytical errors in the clinical laboratory of north Indian tertiary care hospital. Biochem & Physiol (2015), 4:4, http/dx doi.org/10.4172/2168-9652.1000181.
15. Reference interval for renal profile in North Indian population according to various partitioning criteria. Ind J Clin Biochem. 2013 (December), Volume 28, Issue 1 Suppp, 138.
16. A study of Carotid Atherosclerosis in patients with Non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. (2013); 28(1):79-83, DOI 10.1007/s 12291-012-0286-8.
17. Reference Interval for lipid profile in North Indian population from Rajasthan according to various partitioning criteria. Clinica Chimica Acta.2013 ; 426: 145-151.
18. Establishment of Reference Interval for Liver specific Biochemical parameters in apparently healthy North Indian population. Ind J. Clin. Biochem (2013); 28 (1) : 30-37. DOI 10.1007/s 12291-012-0281.
19. Elevated blood lead level despite discontinuation of leaded petrol. Ind J PhysiolPharmacol. 2012; 56(2): 184-185.
20. Impact of Chronic Lead Exposure on Selected Biological Markers. Ind J ClinBiochem. 2012; 27(1): 83-89.
21. Reference Intervals of Certain Liver Specific Biochemical Analytes in Indian Population. Ind J ClinBiochem.2011; 26(1) : 98–99. DOI 10.1007/s12291-011-0107-5.
22. The Biochemical Womb of Schizophrenia: A Review Ind J ClinBiochem 2008; 23 (4): 307-327.
23. Hyperinsulinemia predisposes to NAFLD Ind J ClinBiochem 2008, 23(2), 130-135.
24. Evaluation of antioxidant Deficit in Schizophrenia. Ind J Psychiatrics 2008; 50(1) : 16-20.
25. Type 2 Diabetes Related Intermediate Phenotypic Traits in North Indian Diabetics. Ind. J.Clin. Biochem 2007; 22(2): 70-73.
26. Editorial: Metabolic syndrome: Early identification may prevent Type II. Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease. Ind. J.Clin.Biochem.2007; 22(1): 1-3.
27. Oxidative Stress, Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid and Reduced Glutathione status in Schizophrenics Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 2006; 21(2): 34-38.
28. Metabolic Syndrome: Appraisal of risk factors in first-degree non-diabetic relatives of NIDDM subjects. Current Medical trends. 2005; 9 : 1660-69.
29. Evaluation of Health Promotion in Elderly people through Cyavanaprasa.Ancient Science of life. 2005; 24 (4): 183-191.
30. Oxidative Stress and Ascorbic Acid Status in Schizophrenics. SFRR – India bulletin, 2005; 4 (1): 23-25.
31. Oxidative Stress in Metabolic Syndrome. Indian J. of Clinical Biochem. 2005 (Jan); 20 (1): 150 – 154.
32. Antioxidant Statuses and Peroxidative Stress in Mother and Newborn – A pilot study. Indian J. of Clinical Biochem 2005(Jan); 20 (1): 30 – 34.
33. Oxidative Stress & Antioxidant Status in Pregnancy. Current Medical trends, July 2004; 8: 1574 – 1578.
34. Serum Iron, Copper and Zinc Status in Maternal and Cord Blood. Ind. J. Clinical Biochemistry 2004; 19(2): 55-59.
35. Study of certain Biochemical Parameters in Breast cancer with and without Metastasis. Ind. J. Clinical Biochemistry. 2004 (Jan); 19(1): 71-75.
36. Effects of Physiological variations on Vitamin C level in Women: An overview.
37. Latest trends in Clinical Biochemistry. 2003; Page 581-590.
38. Blood glutathione level in breast cancer patients before and after surgery. Ind. J. Obst. Gynae. 2001; 51 (6): 150-151.
39. Bone marrow morphology in preterm infants with septicaemia. Rajasthan Med. Journal. 2000(July October): 24-30.
Conferences Attended and Participated
1. Paper Presented at 29th Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBICON 2003) – February 3rd to 5th, 2003 at Jaipur (Rajasthan).
Best Paper Award for the year 2002-2003
2. Paper Presented at 31th Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBICON 2004) - December 2nd to 4th, 2004 at Belgaum, Karnataka.
3. Symposia Lecture at 32nd Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India – December18th to 21st, 2005 at Patna (Bihar).
4. Paper Presented at 33rd Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemist of India on 22nd to 25th November, 2006 at Pune (Maharashtra).
5. Paper Presented at International Conference at 11th Asia Pacific Congress of Clinical Biochemistry (11th APCCB) 14-19Oct., 2007Beijing, China.
6. Paper Presented at 34th Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemist of India on 18th to 20th December, 2007 at Delhi.
7. Paper presented at 19th Rajasthan chapter of Indian Radiology n Imaging Association at Jaipur.
8. Paper Presented and Chaired a Session at 37th Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBICON 2010) – 13-15December 2010 at Mumbai.
9. Chaired a Session at 38th Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBICON 2011) – 4-6 December 2011 at Gwalior (M.P).
10. Chaired a Session at 21st Annual Conference of Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBICON 2013) –15-17 Nov 2013 at CMC Ludhiana
11. Chaired a Session at 41st Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBICON 2014) –AIIMS Jodhpur
12. Chaired a Session at 26th Annual Conference of Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBICON 2018) –16-18 Nov 2018 at Delhi
1. Study of billirubin interference in common clinical biochemistry assays.
2. A study of occult endocrinal abnormalities in patients of liver cirrhosis and their correlation with severity of disease.
3. Study of macro-micro Nutrients and vitamins status in autism spectrum disorder and their correlation with severity of disorder.
4. A cross-sectional study to evaluate thyroid function using cord blood in newborns delivered at SMS Medical College & Attached Group of Hospitals, Jaipur.
5. Study of macronutrient and micronutrient metabolism in newly diagnosed pulmonary tuberculosis patients and relapse cases.
6. Study of novel oxidative stress markers in mother and newborn and their correlation with birth weight of new born.
7. Biochemical parameters assessment before and 6 month after bariatric surgery.