Department Of Microbiology
· Pyogenic Culture & Sensitivity testing, Gram’s staining, Albert staining & Hanging drop testing of clinical samples of IPD & OPD of SMS & Allied Hospitals, by Conventional and Automated Vitek II system.
· Under MNJY scheme C/S of Urine, CSF and Blood and Gram’ staining is done free of cost by conventional method.
· Quality control testing of blood Bank Samples of Jaipur as well as from Peripheral Hospitals.
· Investigation of outbreaks samples, under IDSP scheme (Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme)
· Pre & Post Pasteurization testing of Human Milk samples coming from Milk bank in Zanana Hospital.
· Part of National Antimicrobial resistance surveillance network with NCDC New Delhi. (AMR)
· Participation in EQAS with IAMMEQAS, Delhi.
· Wet mount-KOH
· India ink staining
· Fungal culture and Identification
· Speciation & Drug susceptibility of by yeast vitek-2 system.
· AFB staining
· Mycobacterium culture & drug susceptibility by conventional (LJ media) & Automated (MGIT-960) system.
· Using lab for RNTCP & DOTS PLUS Programme
· Research work on molecular epidemiology of TB for detection of XDR TB & NTM by LPA(Line Probe Assay) under ICMR.
Advance Research & Virology Lab
· Viral Load estimation for HBV, HCV, HIV, TB by PCR.
· Viral diagnosis for more than 40 viruses by ELISA, PCR.
· Swine Flu testing
· Genome typing
· Training of Doctors/Technicians/M.Sc. students.
· BSL-2, Grade I Virology Lab.
Clinical Microbiology (Central Lab)
· Serology of Infectious diseases.
· It has Automated Chemiluminescence Analyzer.
· ELISA method of testing for difference diseases.
Measles & Rubella Lab
· Serological diagnosis of Measles & Rubella
HIV Lab (ICTC)
Provides free of cost services for:-
· Counseling- pre & post test
· Testing for HIV antibodies
· CD4 + T lymphocyte count of HIV testing.
· Participate in Sentinel Surveillance to access prevalence of HIV infection.
· Environmental Surveillance of OT’s & ICU’s of SMS & Allied Hospital on regular basis.
1. Participation in Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance (AMR) National Programme under NCDC Delhi.
2. Participation in EQAS Programme by IAMM EQAS Delhi.
3. Automated ID & Sensitivity system Vitek II and Automated media Preparator are installed which has enabled us to accommodate increase work load after implementation of MNJY scheme and report are available online on SMS website.
4. HIV test lab was NABL accredited in 2014. It is the first lab in Rajasthan Government setup that was NABL accredited.
5. Advance Research & Virology Lab :-
Ø This lab was upgraded to BSL-2 for testing Swine flu & it has been further upgraded by HDR / ICMR as grade I Virology Lab.
Ø Swine flu kit was validated by this lab.
Ø We have standardized viral diagnosis for more than 40 viruses by ELISA, PCR and Genotyping by Sequencing.
6. Swine flu outbreak 2015
Ø Performed round the clock Swine flu testing by RTPCR.
Ø Around 6500 samples were processed over a period of 2 months in our lab & results provided within 24 hrs of collection.
7. TB lab of our department has been the first lab to be get accreditation for all 3 technologies for TB Culture & DST from Central TB Division – LJ, MGIT, LPA
8. TB lab was the one to start & Validate LPA as part of FIND demonstration project to provided rapid diagnosis of MDRTB under DOTS PLUS Programme of RNTCP free of cost to half of the state of Rajasthan.
9. Extramural projects funded by ICMR on Molecular Epidemiology of TB in slum areas of Jaipur City.
10. A Round the clock Microbiology lab has been established in Trauma Centre for the serological diagnostic needs of emergency patients.
11. Microbiology team is trained in & a part of the Organ Transplant facility at the SMS Hospital.