Dept of Non- formal Education & Education for Deprived Section
State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Udaipur
Department of Non-Formal Education and Education for Deprived
This is a centrally sponsored scheme under which arrangements are made to provide educational opportunities to disabled children who may not be adjusted with normal children so that they may be prepared for normal development. At present this scheme is running in 50 schools (32 upper primary and 18 Sr. Sec. Schools) of Rajasthan covering all 33 districts of the state.
An intensive training is being imparted to encourage IX passed talented SC / ST rural girls for their future education since 1992.
1. Integrated learning disabilities
· inclusive education
2. Women Equality Education
Department of Non-Formal Education and Education for Deprived stresses on:
- To provide educational opportunity to disabled children in the general schools.
- To make efforts for their development and retention so as to achieve the aim of education for all.
- To prepare the disabled children for normal development so that they may be made fit to meet the challenges of life.
- To encourage the IX passed rural SC/ST girls for further (higher) education.
- To select students for their capacity building.
- To provide maximum benefit to the girls to increase the enrollment
- At State Level Establishment of Resource Room at state level in the institute.
- To abolish the compulsion of Tri-language system for the deaf children and start a special privilege of one language teaching.
- Educational for the disadvantaged groups such as girls, women, SC, ST, OBC.
- Incentives for education of disadvantaged group.
- Teacher’s training in special education.
- Laboratory for special education.
- Project related activities.
- State nodal officer to conduct Foundation Course in Education of Children With Disabilities (FCECD) and Foundation course on Education of Children with Learning Disabilities (FCECLD)