Population education centre
Population Education and Development Project
Introduction and objectives: - Population Education and development Project started in 1981 in the state. Presently this project is running in SIERT Udaipur in the guidance and financial support of NCERT.
20% part of state population is of adolescent children. These children would decide the further population growth of our country.
So it is right time to give them population education for this group of children. All the issue of population education are value based. This project is continuously trying to develop the right approach and aptitude about population and adolescent issues in the student right from their childhood.
Programme based on adolescent education, reproductive health, AIDS education is being organising from year 1997.
Financial criteria- NCERT, NEW DELHI
- To establish the population of the country and the improve quality in schools.
- To make watchful to the students about inter relationship among population and settled development.
- To enable them to understand about the reproduction and Genital Health and develop their behavioural approach accordingly. By such aptitude they will able to develop daily life skill among them.
Main Field of Population Education-
- Development of population education and settled growth.
- Women empowerment, sexual equability and equivalence.
- Quality of life, economic familial and social issue.
- Wakefulness about reproductive health and genital health.
- Population distribution, down town and reproduction.
State Role play and folk dance competition
Role play is an activity presenting a small spontaneous play which describe possible real life situations. In this activity participant imitate the character of someone else involved. Role play allows students to enact situation before they meet those in real life.
Folk Dance is a wonderful way of expression of any community & its traditions. By this activity participants convey messages related to population & adolescence education related themes in joyful manner.
To convey various issues related to population education and adolescence reproductive and sexual health.
To create enabling environment for effective transaction of adolescence education in schools.
Each team could be given 8 to 10 minutes time for folk dance at every level. 4 to 6 students can participate in each folk dance.
Folk dancer will use costumes according to the need of the dance related to the selected theme.
Role play & Folk Dance competitions organised at 5 levels
1. School level------------ July-august
2. District level -------------September
3. State level ----------------October
4. Regional level ----------- November
5. National level -------------December
At district level these competition is organised along with science fair while state level competition is organised separately at SIERT Udaipur.
Time for Role Play - 6 to 8 min.
Time for Folk Dance - 8 to 10 min.
Target Group –
For role play students of class 9 of government schools.
No. of participants in Role Play – 4 or 5.
For folk dance students of class 8 and 9 of government schools.
No. of participants in Role Play – 4 to 6.
State level science seminar
With the objective to provide a platform to the budding scientists for exchanging ideas and to inculcate creative spirit for Scientific inventions the National level science seminar competition organised every year by Nehru Science Centre Mumbai in the sponsorship of national science museum council (government of India) Mumbai. Accordingly SIERT also organise district and state level science seminar. Winner of state seminar participates at national level.
Financial Provision- Plan/ Non plan Budget
z To inculcate creative & analytical spirit related to scientific inventions.
z To inculcate a spirit of using scientific methods for solving various problems.
z To provide a platform to the budding scientists for exchanging ideas.
- In the first phase competition is conducted at district level for secondary students.
- The winner at district level will participate in the state level Seminar.
- The first rank holder of the State level competition will participate at National Level.
SIERT awards a prize to first rank holder and six other participants got consolation prizes at State level. Science Kit and Literature is given in the form of award. National Council of Science Museum, Kolkata awards scholarships.
Target Group - Students of class 9th and 10th of all schools.
JEEVAN KAUSHAL VIKAS BAAL MELA
Jeevan Kaushal Vikas Baal Mela and Population Education is the demand of today. The students of present day must be made aware of Jeevan Kaushal skills at the upper primary level. This fair encourages the adolescent children of today to divert the children to reality from imagination. This fair helps in development of creativity, scientific attitude, positive thinking and learning to know and live together with the feeling of respect and self-realization, self-awareness, communication skill and decision making power among students. The feelings of the adolescent are shattered by the population explosion and social and economic imbalance. So this programme was implemented by SIERT, Udaipur for class 6 to 8 level since last three years for the development of population education and the basic skills of Jeevan Kaushal. To develop positive thinking and the habit of hard work "TARANGODAYA" Jeevan Kaushal child fair is organized at the upper primary level which inculcates self-confidence among adolescent at a very high level.
Through fairs life skills, population and adolescent education related current topics are understood and remedies are found for life's problems. Proper atmosphere is given to students.
Minute observation of the problem in our surrounding is shown of lines and colours. They are given the opportunity to express themselves by means of songs, they are made to develop their devotion towards labour and exhibitions are held for the development of skills.
At this stage the children are made aware of population related problems and their remedies are tested. The problems are related to population development cause adverse effect on the children's mind so they are given small role and dialogues are carried on for this self-awareness, expression, decision making power so that they may live a life of quality.
Long term objectives:
To develop the following skills at the upper primary level.
2. Decision making power
3. problem solving ability
4. Creative thinking
5. Critical thinking
6. Expression skill
7. Inter-personal relations
8. Emotional stability
9. Stress management
Objective of the fair -
1. To develop awareness about the current issues of population.
2. To develop a stage to explore their inherent capabilities.
3. To show the various aspects of population education through competitions.
4. To develop cooperation, respect and group feelings.
5. To develop the quality of giving prompt quick witted answers.
6. To develop main life skills ( Jeevan Kaushal )
In Jeevan Kaushal Vikas Baal Mela (Tarangodaya) all students of Rajasthan Govt. and aided School of Upper Primary/Secondary and Sr. Secondary level can participate from class 6 to 8.
In this fair the following competitions are organized:
1. Aao chitra Banayen-Drawing Competition
2. Aao Geet Gayain -Singing Competition
3. Debate Compitition
4. Models of Population Education
5. Population Education Quiz
6. Role Play
Three stages in State "Tarangodaya" Jeevan Kaushal Child Fair:-
1. School Level
2. District Level
3. State Level
The student selected at the district level can participate in the state level.