Dept of Teacher Education
State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Udaipur
Department of Teacher Education
The role of teacher has undergone a tremendous change in view of universalization of education, increasing use of IT in education, innovations in teaching and distance education etc. National policy on education, 1986 lays emphasis on teacher education. This Department was founded in 1963 with the advent of SIERT in the state. The Teacher Education Department of SIERT ensures professional development of teachers through various in-service training porgrammes to hone their teaching skills and other related areas of education. Apart from that the Department also provides support to DIETs in supervising teaching of Upper Primary Schools situated in rural and remote areas of the state to bring about improvement and qualitative change in teaching The department, in coordination with DIETs and educational institutions is involved in extending guidance in the field of Educational Planning, Management and Evaluation of Educational Programs to IASEs, CTEs, DIETs, BIETs.
Units: Presently there are two units in this Department –
1. In-service Teacher Education
Cell: 1 – In-service Teachers Training and Innovations (IASEs/CTEs)
Cell: 2 – DIETs
2. Pre-service Teachers Training
Cell: 3 – BSTC (Regular course)/D.El.Ed.
Department of Teacher Education stresses on:
1. To prepare 'Annual Calendar' for all 33 DIETs functional all over the state.
2. To prepare training packages and training modules for different cells of DIETs.
3. To impart training to DIETs Principals, Vice-Principals, Sr. Lecturers and Lecturers regarding innovations in education, teaching – learning etc.
4. To conduct quarterly meeting for Principles and faculty members (Member Coordinators) of all DIETs, IASEs and CTEs in the state.
5. To conduct state level Programme Advisory Committee (PAC for DIET Meeting) meeting under the chairmanship of Principal Secretary of Education Department.
6. To prepare curriculum for BSTC/D.El.Ed.
7. To prepare training modules for Teacher Educators for all the subjects of BSTC/ D.El.Ed.
8. To facilitate training programmes for DIET faculty members at NCERT, NUEPA etc.
9. To prepare a consolidated report of achievements of all the DIET at state level.
10. To provide on-sight support to IASEs/CTEs and DIETSs for their smooth functioning.
- To prepare proposed Annual Calendar for the DIETs.
- To organize a training programmes for the qualitative improvement of the teachers according to NPE 1986 and revised work plan of 1992.
- To prepare work plan for in-service training program and its implementation.
- To monitor the academic program of DIETs.
- To motivate for the educational researches.
- To prepare training modules of various units of DIETs.