Skin & VD
|S. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Email ID|
|1||Dr. B. L. Masuria||Professor||3rd/31, Govt. Hospital Campus, Barmer.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dr. Kailash Chandra
Dr. Mahesh Kumar
Department of Dermatology, Venereology & leprology
Department of Dermatology deals with skin (a largest organ of the body) related illness, sexually transmitted diseases and leprosy current facilities including OPD services, minor procedures, skin biopsy etc.
Aims & Objectives:-
The primary aim of the department of Dermatology, venereology & leprosy is to enable undergraduate (UG) and post graduate (PG) students to understand skin related disorders and also to help them in utilize their knowledge and skill s in the treatment of skin disease. There by helping in creation of a disease free society.
The department conducts the following teaching activities for undergraduates and post graduate:-
- ward round teaching
- ward class
- clinical based teaching
The department runs various specialty clinics. It provides basic and advanced health care services pertaining to the field.
- Basics in dermatology - includes structure & function of the skin, principal of clinical diagnosis, basic dermatopathology and effect of environmental factor on skin.
- Neonatal & pediatric dermatology
- Skin related infection and infestation
- Eczema and photo dermatitis
- Papulosquamous disorders including – psoriasis, lichen planus
- Autoimmuno and vesicobullous disorders
- Acne, Melasma, vitiligo and pigmented disorders
- Skin manifestation in systemic disease
- Drugs in dermatology
- Sexual transmitted disease
- Along with this other dermatologic and cosmetic procedures such as biopsies, skin grafting, cryotherapy, electrocautry, Radiofrequency, chemical peels are done.
1. B L Masuria,A Mittal,L K Gupta et al methotrexate : side effects and role of folic acid supplementation in Psoriasis- A Study.IJDVL: 1997;63,219-22
2. B L Masuria,N K Bansal,M Sharma et. al. Clinico histopathological out come of 4 weeks methotrexate pulse therapy in psoriasis. IJDVL:1999;65, 172-173
3. B L Masuria,M K Singhi,R Khullar et.al. Prolong continuous weekly oral acyclovir in recurrent herpes genitalis.IJDVL:1999;65,174-76
4. B L Masuria,A Batra,R K Kothiwala et.al. Topical mometasone furoate for the treatment of childhood vitiligo.IJDVL:1999;65,219-21
5. B L Masuria,L K Gupta, A Batra et.al. Angiokeratoma of Fordyce on unusual site. IJDVL:1999;65,240-41
6. BL Masuria,VK Jain,RK Kothiwala.Romberg’S Syndrome.ind J Dermatol: 1999; 44(2),80-81
7. B L Masuria,A Batra,R K Kothiwala et.al. Larva migrant in a 6 months old infant. IJDVL:1999;65,51
8. LK Gupta,BL Masuria,A Mittal et. al. Favus in a non endemic area. IJDVL:1997;63(3),197-98
9. A Mittal,BL Masuria, LK Gupta et.al. Thickening of peripheral narve in neurofibromatosis.IJDVL:1997;63,63-64
10- Mittal A,Masuria BL,Gupta LK et.al.Azothioprine :Hypersensitivity. IJDVL:1998; 64,104
11- Mittal A,Masuria B L,Gupta L K,et al. Pulse steroid therapy in generalized lichen planus:1998;64,103
12- L K Gupta,A Mittal,B L Masuria et.al.A piebald Family.IJDVL: 1996; 62, 233-4
13- Mittal A,Masuria B L,Bajaj P. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation in treatment of post herpetic neuralgia.IJDVL:1998;64,45-47
14- Masuria B L,Batra A,Kothiwala R K et. al. Facial nerve palsy in secondary syphilis.Ind J Dermatal.1999:44(1);34-36
15- G Kalla,R K Kothiwala,B L Masuria:Window therapy in dermatology Ind J Dermetol. 1999:44(1);48
16- Dr Mangala H C,Dr Kailash Khatri,Dr Vishaw Nath,Dr Murgesh S B et.al. Combination of carbon dioxide laser and topical 5-fluorouracil for prevention of recurrance of keloid.IJBMR;2012:802-806