|Sr. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Joining Date||Email ID|
Dr Kamala Verma
Nehru Nagar Barmer
|2||Dr Sawai Khatri||Assistant Professor||Mahaveer Nagar Barmeremail@example.com|
|3||Dr Kheta Ram Soni||Assistant Professor||Soni Building Nehru Nagar Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dr Neeti Mahala||Senior Resident||Mahaveer Nagar Barmeremail@example.com|
|5||Dr Arun Kumar||Senior Resident||Mahaveer Nagar Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Dr Khushboo||Junior Resident|
|7||Dr Krishna Kumar||Junior Residentemail@example.com|
|8||Dr sandeep Kumar||Junior Residentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||Dr Vishnu Kumar||Junior Residentemail@example.com|
|Sr. No.||Name of Non-Teaching Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Joining Date||Email ID|
|1||Dr Jagram Meena||Junior Specialist||Government Hospital Campus, Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr Rajeev Jain||Junior Specialist||Rai Colony Barmer||8560006088|
|3||Dr Pawan Dhariwal||Junior Specialist||Teliyon Ka Nichala Bas, Mal Godown Road,Barmeremail@example.com|
|4||Dr Seema Mittal||Senior Medical Officer||BB/76/III/30, Government Hospital Campus, Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Dr Reeta Bhatia||Senior Medical Officer||Government Hospital Campus, Barmeremail@example.com|
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Photo Gallery:- Departmental Teaching Activities ,
Obstetrics and gynaecology, medical/surgical specialty concerned with the care of women from pregnancy until after delivery and with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive tract.Obstetrics deals with the pregnancy, labour and childbirth, Postnatal period and the complications associated with them.Gynaecology deals with specific diseases of female genital tract and its treatment.
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, GMC Barmer is a centre of research and learning. It provides a unique blend of expertise and patient centred care for women in all stages of life and health.Provides OPD and inpatient service by eminent faculty members.
Provide outstanding patient care that will result in the recognition of the Departmentas a community resource and regional referral centre for obstetrics and gynaecology and its subspecialties.
Providing Following Facility in Department:
Facility provide services to check the health of Mother and baby. Giveuseful information to help have a healthy pregnancy (including advice about healthy eating and exercise). Discuss options and choices for care during pregnancy, labour and birth.
Labour and Delivery Services
In our department, we’re committed to helping a safe, healthy birth. Our department provides a 24/7 around the clock labour and delivery service with the service provided all days of the week and 24 hours a day.
Family Planning provides confidential, preventative health care with their reproductive health needs. Services of family planning that are provided at our department include prescription and dispensing of various birth control methods, pregnancy testing, common screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections/diseases and provision of emergency contraception.
Objective of Program (MBBS)
The department of Obstetrics &Gynaecology aims to provide quality education in the field of Obstetrics &Gynaecology for MCI Recognized course of M.B.B.S.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is responsible for teaching the MBBS students. This course and curriculum are designed to offer basic and practical understanding of the subject which comprises Obstetrics, Neonatology, Gynaecology and Family Planning.
Aim of this course is to train medical graduate who will be able to manage common obstetric and gynaecological problems and emergencies as well as they should recognize the critical cases and refer complicated cases to proper place and person.
During the course, the student will be able to accomplish the following:
Ø Demonstrate knowledge of preconception care including the impact of genetics, medical conditions and environmental factors on maternal health and fatal development, including teratogens.
Ø Explain the normal physiologic changes of pregnancy including interpretation of common diagnostic studies.
Ø Describe common problems in obstetrics.
Ø Demonstrate knowledge of intrapartum care.
Ø Demonstrate knowledge of postpartum care of the mother and new-born, including breast feeding.
Ø Describe menstrual cycle physiology, discuss puberty and menopause and explain normal and abnormal bleeding.
Ø Describe the etiology and evaluation of infertility.
Ø Develop a thorough understanding of contraception, including sterilization and abortion.
Ø Demonstrate knowledge of common benign gynaecologic conditions.
Ø Formulate a differential diagnosis of the acute abdomen and chronic pelvic pain.
Ø Describe common breast conditions and outline the evaluation of breast complaints.
Ø Demonstrate knowledge of perioperative care and familiarity with gynaecological procedures.
Ø Describe gynaecological malignancies including risk factors, signs and symptoms and initial evaluation and screening such as the collection and interpretation of cervical cytology.
Ø Provide a preliminary assessment of patients with sexual concerns.
The department conducts the following teaching activities.
1. OPD demonstrations
2. Ward rounds
3. Case Presentations
4. Student Interactive Sessions, Tutorials
5. Student Seminars
6. Labour room posting
7. PNC clinic demonstrations
8. Observation of surgery – Maternity OT
Paper Publication –
Dr Kamala Verma
1. Verma, K. and G.C. Baniya, A comparative study of sociodemographic profile and fetal outcome in teenage and adult mother. Indian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research, 2017. 4(1): p. 39-44.
2. Verma, K. and G.C. Baniya, A comparative study of depression among infertile and fertile women. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2017. 4(8): p. 3459-3465.
3. Verma, K. and G.C. Baniya, Uterine perforation with bowel prolapsing through vagina following an unsafe abortion. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2017. 4(6): p. 2500-2502.
4. Verma, K. and S. Agrawal, A life threatening intracerebral hemorrhage during pregnancy. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2017. 4(3): p. 840-842.
5. Verma, K., A huge benign ovarian mucinous cystadenoma in post-menopausal woman. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2017. 4(5): p. 1610-1612.
6. Verma, K., et al., A study of Maternal and perinatal outcome in eclampsia patients. Indian J Obstet Gynecol Res, 2016. 3(4): p. 318-21.
7. Verma, K. and G.C. Baniya, Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy after Tubal ligation: A case report. Indian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research, 2016. 3(2): p. 194.
8. Verma, K. and G. Baniya, A comparative study of depression among infertile and fertile women. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2016: p. 3459-3465.
9. Verma, K., M. Bhat, and G.C. Baniya, A Comparative Study of Antifungal Activity of Topical Per Vaginal Application of Tablet Sertaconazole and Clotrimazole in Cases of Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. IJHSR, 2015. 5(2): p. 111-115.
10. Verma, K., A Twisted Ovarian Mucinous Cystadenoma Complicating Pregnancy: Case Report. JPGO, 2015. 2(10): p. 1-3.
Dr Sawai Khatri
1. Sawai Khatri, Kheta Ram Soni. Assessment of Excessive Vaginal Discharge among Rural Women: A Hospital Based Study. MSCR Volume 07 Issue 07 July 2019.
2. O P Dudi, Sawai Khatri. Assesment of behaviour of women during abnormal menstrual bleeding and its effect -An observational study. International archives of Biomedical and Clinical Research, IABCR|5|36|443.
3. Sawai Khatri, O.P. Dudi, Jogesh Choudhary, Nirupama Choudhary. Assessment and Importance of PAP Smear: An Hospital Based Study in Gynaecology Department. Int J Med Res Prof. 2019 May; 5(3):186-88. DOI:10.21276/ijmrp.2019.5.3.040
4. Kheta Ram Soni, Sawai Khatri. Assessment of Breast-Feeding Practices and Problems among Known Population of Postnatal Mothers: An Hospital Based Study. Int J Med Res Prof. 2019 Mar; 5(2):232-34. DOI:10.21276/ijmrp.2019.5.2.049.
5. Sawai Khatri. Histopathological and Colposcopic Correlation for Cervical Lesions at Tertiary Care Centre in Central Part of India. International Journal of science and research sept 2017 Vol-6(9) ,1143-47.
Dr Kheta Ram Soni
1. Neha Garg, Kheta Ram Soni, Sudesh Agarwal. Evaluation of Correlation of Fetal Birth Weight with Socio-Demographic and Anthropometric Profile of Pregnant Women: A Prospective Study. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research; June 2019: Vol.-8, Issue- 3, P. 249 – 255.
2. Soni KR, Agarwal S. Study of Endometrial Pathology in Abnormal Uterine Bleeding Patients Visited in Hospital: An Retrospective Study. Asian J. Med. Res. 2019;8(4):AN01-AN03. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.21276/ajmr.2019.8.4.AN1.
3. Kheta Ram Soni, Sawai Khatri. Assessment of Breast-Feeding Practices and Problems among Known Population of Postnatal Mothers: An Hospital Based Study. Int J Med Res Prof. 2019 Mar; 5(2):232-34. DOI:10.21276/ijmrp.2019.5.2.049
4. Sawai Khatri, Kheta Ram Soni. Assessment of Excessive Vaginal Discharge among Rural Women: A Hospital Based Study. MSCR Volume 07 Issue 07 July 2019
Dr Pawan Dhariwal -
1. Comparative study of outcome of NDVH versus LAVH, Pawan Dhariwal, Kusumlata Meena, B. S. Meena, International journal of sciences & applied research, IJSAR, 4(4), 2017; 06-10
2. Comparison of maternal and perinatal outcomes of pregnancy induced hypertension and preeclampsia, Pawan Dhariwal, Kusumlata Meena, Lata Rajoriya, Alka Lunia, International Journal of Sciences & Applied Research, IJSAR, 4(8), 2017; 09-12
3. The indications of caesarean section in a tertiary care hospital at jodhpur, India Alka Lunia, Pawan Dhariwal, Saroj Choudhary, International journal of sciences & applied research, IJSAR, 6(2), 2019; 06-09
4. An epidemiological study of medical termination of pregnancy profile in a tertiary care center, Dr Alka Lunia, Dr Pawan Dhariwal International journal of scientific research: Volume-8 | Issue-7 | July-2019
5. Maternal and perinatal outcome in gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia, Dr Pawan Dhariwal, Dr Alka Lunia International journal of scientific research: Volume-8 | Issue-8 | August-2019
6. A study on laproscopic assissted vaginal hysterectomy, Dr Pawan Dhariwal, Dr Alka Lunia International journal of scientific research: Volume-8 | Issue-8 | August-2019
7. A study on vaginal birth after cesarean section, Dr Pawan Dhariwal, Dr Alka Lunia International journal of scientific research: Volume-8 | Issue-8 | August – 2019
8. A study on non-descent vaginal hysterectomy (NDVH) profile, Dr Pawan Dhariwal, Dr Alka Lunia, International journal of scientific research, Volume-8 | Issue-8 | August – 2019.
Dr Arun Kumar
1. Kochar S, Kumar A, Nama A, Suthar N. A prospective study to know the efficacy of short-term use of injectable depot medroxy progesterone acetate for contraception in tertiary care hospital from North West Rajasthan, India. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2020; 9:2482-5.