|S. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Email ID|
|1||Dr. Prakash Sidramappa Hundekar||
Nehru Nagar, Barmer
|2||Dr. Garima Gupta
||Assistant Professor||Kalyanpura, Khariyo Ka Nichla Was, Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Ghanshyam Gahlot||Sr. Demonstrator||Nehru Nagar, Barmeremail@example.com|
|4||Dr. Mahadev||Sr. Demonstrator|
Department of Biochemistry
The term ‘Biochemistry’, first time coined by Carl Neuberg in 1903. Biochemistry is a science which deals with the study of biomolecules and their interactions in living things. With time, a huge and extensive work from scientists and authors, Biochemistry subject had got the place in medicine as a basic medical science. The knowledge of applied Biochemistry is useful for students in the delivery of health-care services. For medical students it is imperative that they learn about the normal functioning of the body which deals with the process of transforming raw nutrients into more useful bio molecules such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and nucleic acids. It also deals with molecular biology, the science of genes. It also deals with Biochemical investigations in blood and body fluids and helps clinicians in diagnosis and decision making. Biochemists have made important contributions to medical sciences over the years in terms of describing pathophysiology of diseases and inventing new diagnostic methodologies for better healthcare. Biochemistry has opportunities to work in teaching institutes, diagnostic, industrial, CROs, hospitals, speciality laboratories and pure medical research institutes.
To make the subject palatable so that each and every student can understand concepts of biochemistry regarding chemistry, metabolism and its application in health and disease.
At end of course student shall able to deliver the knowledge regarding chemistry and metabolism of nutrients, enzymology, genetics along with their application in medicine, inborn errors and metabolic disorders. To show practical skills related to chemistry of nutrients, urine chemistry analysis, quantification of biomolecules and use of various analyzers. By improving the communication skill among the students that helpful in delivering the information with fluently in exams, seminars, conference, quiz and competition.
Department of Biochemistry is situated on the first floor of Academic building
· Air-conditioned Lecture theater capacity of 100 students equipped with latest audiovisual aids, shared with department of Physiology.
· The fully air-conditioned UG lab accommodates 50 students at a time. In the laboratory, working platforms are equipped with adequate glass wares, chemical reagents, centralized gas supply with Bunsen burners and instruments like colorimeter, centrifuge machine, oven, incubator, boiling water bath, fume hood and microscopes.
· For human safety first aid box, shower as well as gas fire extinguisher and fire exit gate is available.
· Demonstration room, capacity of 50 students is equipped with latest audiovisual aids
· The department has a well-equipped library with over 100 books along with 2 international and 2 national journals.
· Air-conditioned departmental research laboratory is equipped with instruments like spectrophotometer, UV chamber, electrophoresis, water distillation unit, fumehood chamber, flame photometer and microscopes.
The department of biochemistry provides clinical biochemistry investigations in the associated group of hospital. Fully airconditioned laboratory has equipped with latest clinical chemistry analyzer, electrolyte analyzer and planned few more analyzers in future. Number of investigations under MNJY scheme including diabetic profile, cardiac profile, LFT, KFT and endocrines by trained technical staff.
Medical Biochemistry- Dr DM Vasudevan 5th edition
Medical Biochemistry- Dr V Satyanarayan 7th edition
Lippincott’s Ilustrated review
Publications by faculty
Dr. Prakash Hunndekar
1. Prakash Hundekar, R. V. Katkam, DB Rathi, Adinath Suryakar. A study of serum lipid peroxide and enzyme levels in burned patients Indian medical gazette Feb 2004; 63-65
2. Prakash Hundekar, Adinath Suryakar, Aarti Karnik, Rahul Ghone, Maya Vasikar. Antioxidant Status And Lipid Peroxidation In Sickle Cell Anaemia Biomed Res 2010; 4:461-464.
3. Sonali Bhagat, Rahul Ghone, Adinath Suryakar, Prakash Hundekar Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant vitamins in colorectal cancer. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 2011; 55(1): 61-65.
4. Prakash Hundekar, Aarti Karnik, Adinath Suryakar, R. V. Katkam, Nitin Joshi, Rahul Ghone. Effect of Antioxidant Supplementation on Oxidative Stress in Sickle Cell Anaemia. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2011; 5(7): 1339-1342
5. Prakash Hundekar, Aarti Karnik, Adinath Suryakar, R. V. Katkam, Nitin Joshi, Rahul Ghone. Level Of Nitric Oxide And Antioxidant Vitamins In Sickle Cell Anaemia. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 2012;56(2),125-129
6. Sonali Bhagat, Purnima Sarkar, Adinath Suryakar, Ramchandra Padalkar, Aarti Karnik, Rahul Ghone, Sangita Patil, Prakash Hundekar. A Study on the Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress Study: Effects of Oral Therapeutic Supplementation on Iron Concentration and Product of Lipid Peroxidation in Beta Thalassemia Major. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2012; Vol-6(7): 1144-1447.
7. Sonali S. Bhagat, Purnima Dey Sarkar, Adinath N. Suryakar, Ramchandra K. Padalkar, Rahul A. Ghone, Sangita M. Patil and Prakash S. Hundekar. Attenuation of serum ferritin and iron burden by intake of antioxidants in beta thalassemia major. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 2013;57(2): 189-194
8. Rahul A. Ghone, Adinath N. Suryakar, P M Kullali, Sonali S. Bhagat, Ramchandra K. Padalkar, Aarti Karnik, Prakash S. Hundekar. A Study of Oxidative Stress Biomarkers and Effect of Oral Antioxidant Supplementation in Severe Acute Malnutrition. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2013; 17 (10):2146-2148.
9. Ghone R. A., Suryakar A.N., Sangle D.A., Padalkar R. K., Karnik A.C., Bhagat S.S, Patil S.M., Hundekar P.S. Effect of oral therapeutic supplementation of antioxidants on immune system and oxidative stress in severe acute malnutrition The Antiseptic
2014; 111(4): 163-166
10. Prakash Hundekar, Adinath Suryakar, Aarti Karnik, Rahul Ghone, Sonali Bhagat A study of iron status and oxidative stress in the steady state of sickle cell anemia International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research 2017; 4 (1) : 56-59
Dr. Garima Gupta
1. Garima Gupta, V. Lokanathan, V S Ghalaut, Krishna Malik, Tarun Sharma, Isha Malik. Beta 2 microglobulin as a marker of diagnosis and disease severity in Non Hodgkin lymphoma. , Int J Dent Health Sci 2015; 2(2):294-300.
2. V. Lokanathan, Garima Gupta , V.S. Ghalaut , P.S. Ghalaut , Dharambeer S. Mahor , Anju Mahor. CA125 in Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and its association with severity of the disease. AMIRJ. 2015; 2(4):1- 6.
3. Krishna Malik ,Kiran Chugh ,Garima Gupta, Kiran Dahyia , Deepak Gulia , Radha Tiwari. Significance of Protein Bound Sialic Acid In Alcoholic Liver Disease. International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies (IJIMS), 2015; 6(2): 8-12.
4. Garima Gupta, V. Lokanathan, V S Ghalaut, Madhumita Sarkar, Tarun Sharma, Sumit Dokwal. Prediction of Disease Severity by Beta 2 Microglobulin Levels in Hodgkin Lymphoma. Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., March 2016; 4(3A):230-232
5. Ghalaut VS, Sarkar M, Dayal S, Gupta G, Samanta S, Rajju T. Status of Serum Leptin and Lipid Profile in Newly Diagnosed Psoriasis Patients: A Case Control Study JMSCR. March 2016;4(3): 9814-23
6. Dokwal S, Ghalaut VS, Lokanathan V, Bansal P, Sarkar M, Gupta G. Beta 2 Microglobulin (B2M) As a Marker of Disease Severity and Progression in Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2016; 4(7):589-594
7. A case of hyperargininemia presenting at an unusually less age. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research.
8. Vanita Lal, Bharti Bhandari, Garima Gupta, Kuldeep Singh, Praveen Sharma. Introducing of Team Based Learning as an Approach of Reviving Interest in Biochemistry amongst Undergraduate Medical Students-An Exploratory Study. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci (India), 53(3): 157-165, 2017.
9. Tarun Sharma, Garima Gupta*, A. R. Kalla. Haematological and biochemical changes seen in dengue fever in a tertiary care hospital of northern rajasthan. EJBPS, 2018, Volume 5, Issue 8.
Book Chapter: -
Genetic engineering: towards gene therapy and molecular medicine. Book: OMICS
TECHNOLOGIES AND BIO-ENGINEERING: towards improving quality of life
Young Scientist Travel fellowship grant - LMCE & KSLM 2017, Seoul, South Korea
Travel Grant Award - ESMO(European Society of Medical Oncology) Asia Congress 2017, Singapore
Dr. Aaradhana Jatwa
1. Aaradhana Jatwa, Sarla Mahawar, Deepa Thadani, GG Kaushik, Y Ramananda Singh, JS Broca. Status of Serum Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase and Serum Homocysteine In Young Adults with Essential Hypertension. 2016, International Journal of Medical Research Professionals Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2 (3); 131-35.
2. Sarla Mahawar, Aaradhana Jatwa, Deepa Thadani, GG Kaushik, Lal Thadani. A Correlative Study of Serum Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase with Serum Lipid Profile in Young Adult Hypertensive Patients in Indian Population. 2017, Global journal for research analysis Vol-6, ISSUE-5, ISSN No 2277-8160.
3. Sarla Mahawar, Deepa Thadani, Aaradhana Jatwa, GG Kaushik, Rrashmi Ranka. A Correlative Study of Serum Homocysteine with Serum lipid Profile In Young Adult Hypertensive Patients In India Population. 2016, International Journal of Medical Research Professionals Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2 (4); 17-22.
Mr. Ghanshyam Gahlot
1. Rachit Saxena, Ghanshyam Gahlot and Rajni. Selenocystein and its role in antioxidative property of glutathione-peroxidase-1.Indo-Global Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences .2012; Vol. 2; 2;343-45.
2. Mamta Chaudhary, Surendra Jeenagar, Yogita, Ghanshyam Gahlot, and Rachit saxena. Comparative study of Liver function test in type 1 and type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Indian J. Sci. Res.2014; 5(2):143147.
3. Ramchandra, Yogita Soni, Ghanshyam Gahlot. Effect of Aloe vera juice on Diabetic and Diabetic Retinopathy subjects. Indian Jour. L. Sci. 2014;4 (1): 4145.
4. Surendra Jeengar, Mamata chaudhary, Ghanshyam Gahlot. Plasma Homocysteine, Vitamins B and Risk for Cardiovascular disease. Indian J.Sci.Res. 2014;5(2):199122.
5. Surendra Kumar Jinger, Mamta Choudary, Yogita Soni, Ghanshyam Gahlot. A Comparative Study of Trace Elements In Normal Healthy Controls And Hypothyroidism Patients In Indian Population .Inter.Jou.of Med.& Phar.Res. 2014;Vol.4(1):289.
6. Meenakshy Gora, Ghansyam Ghelot, Hanuman Prasad Jaipal, Lata Bishnoi, Kim Chawla, R.K.Vyas. Comparative Study Of Vitamin D Level In Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients And Healthy Control Subjectes.IJBB.2015;Vol. 11(1);4754.
7. Tamanna Talreja, Mangesh Kumar, Asha Goswami, Ghanshyam Gahlot and Tribhuwan Sharma Determination of Amino Acids In Achyranthes Aspera And Cissus Quadrangularis By Hplc. International Journal Of General Medicine And Pharmacy. 2016; Vol. 5, Issue 6, 47-52.
8. Tamanna Talreja, Mangesh Kumar, Asha Goswami, Ghanshyam Gahlot, Surendra Kumar Jinger and Tribhuwan Sharma.Isolation and Purification of Alkaloids From Achyranthes Aspera and Cissus Quadrangularis By HPLC. J. Indian Bot. Soc. 2016;Vol. 95 (3 & 4) : 271-276.
9. Tamanna Talreja, Mangesh Kumar, Asha Goswami, Ghanshyam Gahlot, Surendra Kumar Jinger and Tribhuwan Sharma.Qualitative and quantitative estimation of phytosterols in Achyranthes aspera and Cissus quadrangularis by HPLC. The Pharma Innovation Journal 2017; 6(1): 76-79.
10. Tamanna Talreja, Mangesh Kumar, Asha Goswami, Ghanshyam Gahlot, Surendra Kumar Jinger and Tribhuwan Sharma. HPLC analysis of saponins in Achyranthes aspera and Cissus quadrangularis. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2017; 6(1): 89-92.
11. Ghanshyam Gahlot*, Yogita Soni, Gajanand Joshi, R.K.Vyas. A Study on Serum Profile of Peroxidants (MDA) In Cannabis User a nd Cannabidiol Are Neuroprotective–Antioxidants In Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Subjectes. Inter.Jou. Scie. Res.2017; Vol.6.Iss.3;48-51.
12. Gajanand Joshi, Ghanshyam Gahlot. R.K.Vyas, Yogita Soni Assessment Of Serum Zinc Status In Carcinoma Of Lung And Esophagus Patients. Inter.Jou.Scie.Res.2017; Vol.6.Iss.3;143-144.
13. Ghanshyam Gahlot*, Yogita Soni, Gajanand Joshi and Rachit Saxena. Clinical Significance of Serum Biomarker S100B to Predict Outcome after Traumatic Brain Injury in Adults. International Journal of Clinical and Biomedical Research.2017.
14. Ghanshyam Gahlot*, Yogita Soni, Gajanand Joshi, Surendra Jeengar. A Study on Pro-oxidant Myeloperoxidase and an Oxidative Stress Marker Malondialdehyde in Preeclampsia. International Journal of Medical & Applied Research( IJMAR). 2017; 2(3), 41-47.
15. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Gajanand Joshi, Yogita Soni, Surendra Jeengar. A Correlation of Adenosine Deaminase Activity and Lipid Peroxidant (MDA) in Serum and Pleural Fluid for Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis. International Journal of Life-Sciences Scientific Research (IJLSSR).2017;3(3): 1063-69.
16. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Yogita Soni. A Study on Antioxidants (Vitamin C & E) In Cannabis User in Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Subjects. International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (IJTSRD).2017:2 (1):100-106.
17. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Yogita Soni, Raj Kumar Vyas, R.P.Agarwal. Clinically Role of Serum Procalcitonin and C-reactive protein Concentration in Diabetic Foot ulcer Infections. International Journal of Innovative Research in Medical Science (IJIRMS) Volume 2 Issue 10, October 2017:2(1):1425-30.
18. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Gajanand Joshi. Evaluation of the importance of the Serum Levels of CA-125, CA19-9, CA-19-9, Carcinoembryonic Antigen and Alpha Fetoprotein for Diagnosis of Cholangiocarcinom. WRFER INTERNATIONAL CONFERENC. 19th November, 2017: Jaipur, India.Page:17-21.
19. Gajanand Joshi, Ghanshyam Gahlot. Status of Vitamin D and Metabolic Parameters in Insulin Resistance among Type 2 Diabetic Patients in North West Rajasthan. WRFER INTERNATIONAL CONFERENC. 19th November, 2017: Jaipur, India.Page: 22-25.
20. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Yogita Soni, Raj Kumar Vyas, Gajanand Joshi, Rachit Saxena. The Metabolic Impact of Cannabis User on Biochemical Markers among Bikaner Adults. International Journal of Biotechnology and Biochemistry.2017;Vol.13:pp. 1-10.
21. Gajanand Joshi, R. K. Vyas, Ghanshyam Gahlot, Yogita Soni. Altered Level of Serum Magnesium in Patients with Esophageal and Lung Carcinoma. International Journal of Life-Sciences Scientific Research (IJLSSR).2017; 3(4):1158-61.
22. Ghanshyam Gahlot, Yogita Soni, Raj Kumar Vyas, Gajanand Joshi. Association of Adipokines with Metabolic Syndrome in North-West Rajasthan (India) American Journal of Biochemistry 2018, 8(3): 45-55.
23. Sunil Jain , Raj Kumar Vyas, Yogita Soni, Ghanshyam Gahlot. A Clinical Evaluation of Serum Ferritin, Gammaglutamyltransferase (Ggt) And Vitamin D With Alcoholic Liver Diseases For Diagnosis. International Journal of Scientific Research.2019. Volume-8 | Issue-5.1-3.
Abstracts in Conferences:
1. Role of Glycated Hemoglobin in the Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus and Pre-diabetes. Symposium on Recent Advances in Biochemical & Molecular Diagnostics. GSVM, Kanpur, U.P. 2016;Page:26.
2. Clinical Significance of Serum Biomarker S100B to Predict Outcome after Traumatic Brain Injury in Adults. 3rd International Congress, World Trauma Congress. New Delhi.2016.Page:98.(Oral Paper)
3. Alteration in Biochemical Changes in Patients with Multitrauma. 3rd International Congress, World Trauma Congress. New Delhi.2016.Page:44.(Poster)
4. Clinical Significance of Serum Prolactin Level and Inflammation in Chronic Kidney Disease.NMO Journal.2017;Vol.11(1):Page:67.
5. A Study on Pro-oxidant Myeloperoxidase and an Oxidative Stress Marker Malondialdehyde in Preeclampsia. NMO Journal.2017;Vol.11(1): Page:68.
6. Assessment of Serum Lipid Profile and Serum Zinc Level in Clinically Diagnosed Cases of Depression. NMO Journal.2017; Vol. 11(1):Page:67.
7. Status of Serum Homocystein and Microalbuminuria In Patients of Type-Ii Diabetes Mellitus And Its Correlation With Its Complications. NMO Journal.2017;Vol.11(1): Page:51.
8. Ethical issues that should be considered in local IRB when reviewing a global clinical trial. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE (FERCAPFERCICON 2017); AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
9. Vitamin K2 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Review:RAJ RSSDI 2018,Bikaner:Page 78.
10. Correlation of Serum Trace Elements and SOD Levels with HbA1C in Type 2 Diabetes: A Cross sectional Analysis: RAJ RSSDI 2018,Bikaner:Page 99-100.
11. Status of Biochemical and Thyroid Profile in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. :RAJ RSSDI 2018,Bikaner:Page 99.
12. Prognostic Importance of Plasma Glucose level at Admission in Acute Myocardial Infarction: RAJ RSSDI 2018,Bikaner: Page 100.
Stem cells bio-processing: An important milestone move to the future of regenerative medicine and the clinical applications of tissue engineering. NORTH ZONE ACBICON April, 2018. At AIIMS Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.