Details Of Teaching Faculty
|S. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Joining Date||Email ID|
|1||Dr Hareesh Kumar||Professor & Head||Staff Quarters, GMC Barme||8955280719||06-03-2021||Hareeesh_ramnagar@rediffmail.com|
Dr Rakesh Paliwal
Staff Quarters, GMC Barme
EXPERIENCE: CURRENT POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Professor of Forensic Medicine – Head of Department – Government Medical College and Bangur Hospital, Rajasthan. Teach undergraduate students in forensic medicine.
Nodal Officer, Hospital Development.
- Teach students of MBBS in forensic medicine, medical jurisprudence, ethics and legal medicine, forensic science, criminology and allied forensic subspecialties.
- Manage a 450 bedded government hospital with patient care, manpower management, infrastructure development and upscaling of services and upgradation of healthcare delivery systems.
- Responsible for initiation of new hospital services including emergency medical services, trauma and surgical specialties.
- Responsible for initiation of new radiological services including CT and MRI on PPP modes.
- Responsible for health care support services including establishing of hospital kitchen, laundry, central sterile supply services.
- Responsible for new surgical specialty services including establishing new operating theater complexes for orthopedics, surgery, gynecology and ENT departments.
- Responsible for establishing new modular training and curriculums from Medical Council of India for year 2019 - AETCOM.
- Responsible as Member secretary for Institutional Ethics Clearance Committee to oversee the research projects and clinical trials.
- Responsible for collaborative educational and training programs with international organizations and foreign universities.
1. Established Ethiopia’s first successful residency program in certificate specialty of forensic medicine for Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Trained and graduated the first batch of postgraduate residents for the country.
2. Teach Pre-medicine and postgraduate resident students in Medical Ethics and Legal Medicine.
3. Established the 1st National Level Forensic Center at Ayder Hospital, Mekelle University, Ethiopia.
4. Member, Medical Boards, Ayder Hospital, Mekelle.
5. Member, Ethics Consultation Committee, Ayder Hospital Mekelle.
6. Consultant and Director, National Forensic Program, Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. 2013 to 2017.
1. Impart teaching and training programs to undergraduate and postgraduate medical students.
2. Conduct medicolegal autopsies.
3. Attend to medicolegal duties in the hospital.
4. Assist Courts of Law in relation to medicolegal issues of the hospital.
5. Depose as expert witness.
6. Impart medicolegal training programs to the district police officers, practicing advocates, members of judiciary, and members of society of criminology, penology and law.
7. Offer expert opinions to the district police administration in matters of criminal law.
1. Initiation of first forensic pathology services to Tigray Regional Police Commission, Afar Police commission, Amhara Regions including Bahirdar Zone in Northern Ethiopia.
2. Inception of mortuary, research laboratory, pathology museum.
3. Initiation of first postgraduate training in forensic pathology, clinical forensic medicine for Ethiopia.
4. Initiation of first clinical forensic services including sexual offence medical examinations and age determination in medico-legal disputes.
· 07/09/1999 - 06/09/2002 Tutor/Post Graduate Student: MR Medical College, Gulbarga, Karnataka
· 05/02/2003 - 16/05/2005 Assistant professor; Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore Karnataka
· 18/5/2005 - 05/02/2008 Assistant professor Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga Karnataka
· 06/02/2008 - 31/03/2008 Associate Professor & Head; Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga. Karnataka
· 02/04/2008 - 31/03/2009 Associate Professor GSL Medical College & Hospital, Rajahmundry Andhrapradesh
· 03/04/2009 - 30/09/2009 Associate Professor- MelmarvatturAdiparashakti Medical College & Hospital, Chennai.
· 01/10/2009 27/07/2012 Associate Professor & Head; Basaveshwara Medical College & Hospital Karnataka
· 27/07/2012 - 07/08/2012 Professor and Head; Basaveshwara Medical College & Hospital Karnataka
· 13/09/2012- March 2018 Professor and Head of Forensic Medicine; Ayder Referral Hospital, Mekelle University, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
· August 2018 – Aug 11, 2020 – Professor and Head, Government Medical College, Pali Rajasthan.
· Aug 11, 2020 – till date: Principal and Controller, Government Medical College, Pali Rajasthan.
Administrative experience :
· Worked as head of the department of forensic medicine, responsible for the inception of the mortuary, research lab, and to initiate district medico-legal work.
· Member of Institutional Ethical Clearance Committee, responsible for overseeing the research programs held by post graduate students and faculty members of the institution.
· Chief Warden for all the hostels of Basaveshwara Medical College, and Hospital.
· Coordinator of Continued Medical Education Cell, responsible for regularly conducting CME programs, workshops, seminars and symposiums.
· Conducted many CME's and one state level workshop and conference in forensic medicine under Karnataka Medicolegal Society
· Professor and Head, Dept. of Forensic Medicine, Ayder Referral Hospital, Mekelle University. Ethiopia.
· Chief Medical Examiner, Tigray Regional Police Commission. Ethiopia.
International Work experience:
Grants as member of research group
1. Development of genetic diversity of forensic markers in the Tigray region and implementation of DNA testing in the Ethiopian criminal and civil law system by creating Ethiopian population reference database. To Study the allele/haplotype frequencies for the calculation of kinship indexes to the genetic identification of Eritrean immigrant victims of Tigrinya descent who, in recent years, perished in shipwrecks while crossing the Strait of Sicily. € 35.000. Duration of study: Jan 2016 – Sept 2017.
2. Ethiopian population dataset standardization for markers including anthropological, radiological, skeletal ossification, dental characters and hormone assays in age determination in medicolegal issues in relevance to criminal delinquency. Duration of study: Sept 2017 – ongoing project. USD 52,000.
3. Study of sudden unexpected deaths in Tigray Region- An autopsy based study. Principal investigator Dr EnyewDebash, CoInvestigator Dr Hareesh Kumar, duration 2 years sept 2015 to sept 2017. ETB 97000.
4. Study of Asphyxial deaths and Forensic examination at Ayder Comprehensive Specialized Hospital – an autopsy based study. . Principal investigator Dr Esmail Said, CoInvestigator Dr Hareesh Kumar, duration 2 years sept 2015 to sept 2017. ETB 94000.
5. Study of Sexual offence cases in Tigray population in Ethiopia. Value of medical evidence in sexual offence examination in Ethiopian Criminal Courts and its impact on conviction rate: Principal investigator Dr SesenTsegay, CoInvestigator Dr Hareesh Kumar, duration 2 years sept 2015 to sept 2017. ETB 84000.
Publications & Presentations: Authored international and national research papers
1. Helping the identification of refugee shipwreck victims in the Straits of Sicily: an AIM-Indel reference database for the Tigray population of Ethiopia: Hareesh Kumar, KirosHaddish, Christopher Phillips, NesredinFutwi, Daniela Lacerenza, GebremariamTewelemedhin, Rajeev M, Manuel Fondevila, Cornelia Di Gaetano Carlo Robino; Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series; 2017, International society for Forensic Genetics. Seoul. South Korea international conference.
2. Y-chromosomal haplotype diversity for 27 STR loci in the Tigray population (Northern Ethiopia) K. Haddisha, H.R.S. Kumara, S. Raddib, E. Chiertob, G. Di Vellab, A.L. Bogalec, E. Kidane A. Yizengawc, Y. Getanehc, C. Robinob, Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series 7 (2019) 203–204
3. Characterization of ancestry informative markers in the Tigray population of Ethiopia: A contribution to the identification process of dead migrants in the Mediterranean Sea H.R.S. Kumara, K. Haddisha, D. Lacerenzab,c, S. Anelid,e, C. Di Gaetanod,e, G. Tewelemedhina, R.V. Manukondaa, N. Futwif Forensic Science International: Genetics 45 (2020) 102207
4. Correlation of clinical and CT scan findings in relation to mortality in deceased victims diagnosed with extradural haemorrhage. IJFMT. Oct 2012.
5. A Forensic Microbiology study of Sexually transmitted diseases in victims and accused of rape. IJFMT; May 2012.
6. Clinical study and management of inguinal hernia in children in general surgical practice. JCDR. Aug 2012.
7. Multiple Apocrine Hydrocystomas: A case report. Journal of clinical diagnostics and research. August 2012.
8. Epidemiological and clinical study of snake bites cases. IJFMT May 2012
9. Percutaneous drainage of isolated splenic abscess - Two case reports. Indian Journal of Research and Reports In Medical Sciences. Aug 2012
10. Sexual dimorphism of the human sternum in a Maharashtrian population of India: A morphometric analysis. Legal Medicine Oct 2008
11. Epidemiological profile of suicides amongst farmers in Chitradurga and its relevance to asphyxial deaths. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
12. Exhumation and DNA analysis: Its impact on Social Justice; Journal of South Indian Medicolegal Association. 2010
Current Non funded Research Projects
1. Sociodemographic profile of sexual assault victims and analysis of injuries and their relevance of medical evidence in connection to their conviction rates.
2. Analysis of Medical negligence cases against practicing doctors. A comparative study between urban and peripheral health settings.
3. Analysis of Insect biodiversity, substrate and ecological specificity, and estimation of postmortem interval. A study in fish and other animal substrate samples and its comparison with human placental substrate samples.
4. Y-STR analysis of vaginal swabs in cases of alleged sexual assault with no detected spermatozoa on clinico-pathological examination.
5. Innocent offenders- a study of sexual assault cases filed against alleged accused for having involved in a consensual sexual intercourse with minor girls in Tigray region, Ethiopia.
6. Estimation of sex from the metric assessment of metacarpals on digital hand radiographs in a northern Ethiopian population.
7. Estimation of Stature of an Individual from Anthropometric Measurements of Hand and Foot- A validation study
8. Estimation of stature of an individual from hand radiographs among Tigrnian ethnic groups.
9. Estimation of stature of an individual from Teeth radiographs among Ethiopian nationals.
10. Odontometric sex assessment in Ethiopian nationals.
11. Lightning deaths in Tigray region, Northern Ethiopia
Conference Attendance: Annual, Zonal and Regional level conferences.
Other Professional Contributions (e.g., Memberships / Offices / Committees / Examinerships
a. Executive committee Member, Karnataka Medicolegal Society.
b. Ex-Officio Organizing secretary, Karnataka Medicolegal Society.
c. Ex-Officio Treasurer, Karnataka Medicolegal Society.
d. Life Member, Indian Society of Criminology.
e. Faculty, Police Training School, Chitradurga.
f. Examiner – Undergraduate and Postgraduate Examiner, for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, MGR University of Health Sciences, NTR University of Health Sciences, Siddhartha University of Health Sciences, Sher E Kashmir University, Kashmir. Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.