|S. No.||Name Of Faculty Members||Designation||Address||Mob. No.||Joining Date||Email ID|
Dr. Madan Kumar Solanki
|Assistant Professor||AD-12 Mahavir Nagar, Barmeremail@example.com|
|2||Dr. Shweta Amarneel||Assistant Professor||B4/8 Rajwest Colony, Shivkar road, Barmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Vikram Singh||Senior Demonstrator||Room E-3, Resident doctors Hostel, Barmer||9111424710||18-01-2020||V809315@gmail.com|
|4||Dr. Surender singh chauhan||Senior Demonstrator||Medical college campus, jalipa, email@example.com|
|5||Dr. Sangeeta Choudhary||Senior Demonstrator||B7 Karamchari Colony, Baldev nagar, Barmer||7506990463||09-09-2020||Vivacious007@gmail.com|
Department of Pathology
The Department of Pathology at GMC Barmer is located in the third floor of the Medical College building, and the Clinical Pathology and Hematology& cytology laboratory is located in the second floor of the Hospital building.
Department of Pathology plays two essential roles in the field of medicine, which includes educating the medical students and providing diagnostic services. It is a branch of medicine, which links basic sciences with clinical symptoms and signs. It helps the medical students to understand the basic mechanism and pathophysiology of diseases. In the era of evidence-based medicine Pathology plays a major role in providing a conclusive diagnosis. The diagnostic sub-specialties within this Department include Histopathology, Cytopathology, Hematology, and Clinical Pathology.
With significant advances in the field of science and various clinical specialties, there have been major breakthroughs in Pathology. It now not only provides diagnosis, but is also an equally sought after diagnostic specialty for theranostic reasons and prognostication of diseases.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
Department of Pathology at GMC Barmer is committed to offer every essential diagnostic facility for patient care and management, with emphasis on strict quality assurance for every section of the Department. Presently, the Department provides Hematology, Clinical Pathology, Cytology and Histopathology services.
The Hematology and Clinical Pathology services include complete Hemogram, Hemoparasite detection, ESR, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, reticulocyte count, basic coagulation workup, urine routine and microscopic examination and fluid cell counts.
The Cytopathology section provides facility for Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC), cervical smear screening, fluid cytologyand cell blocks.
The Histopathology section provides routine histopathology services, special stains (histochemistry) and opinion/ review on outside slides and blocks.
Aims & Objectives
- To excel in sub-specialties of Histopathology, Cytopathology, Hematopathology and Clinical Pathology for quality patient care.
- To be able to offer expert consultation for Hematopathology, Cytopathology and Histopathology.
- To teach medical students the basic understanding of disease and relate its importance with clinical findings through an integrated approach.
- To create an environment for encouraging research activities for medical students, residents and faculty.
The Department of Pathology have a balanced approach with a combination of didactic lectures, Practicals, demonstration/Tutorials, problem based learning and small group discussions. Lectures are made interesting and lively with use of multimedia.
· Robbins & Cotran (Pathologic basis of disease )
· Harshmohan Textbook of Pathology
· Clinical pathology –Essentials of clinical pathology by Shrish M Kawthalkar
· Hematology – Atlas and test of hematology by Dr Tejinder Singh
· Curran’s atlas of histopathology
Publication by Faculty
PUBLICATION, DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY
1. Solanki R, Solanki MK, Hemrajani D, Saha J. A study of detection and comparison of Immunofluorescence on formalin – fixed paraffin – embedded tissue with fresh frozen renal biopsy specimen. Saudi J Kidney Dis. Transpl 2019;30:350-8
2. Mittal A, Mehta J.,Mangal K, Jain A., Agarwal N. , Solanki M.K. “Clinicopathological And Immunophenotypic Characteristics Of Ewings Sarcoma Family Of Tumors: Special Emphasis On Role Of Friend Leukemia Integration - 1(Fli-1) Antibody And Occurrence Of Tumor On Rare Sites -.” International journal of current research and review 8 (2016): 10-16.
3. Solanki M.K., & Ramrakhiani, D. Medulloblastoma of the Cerebellopontine Angle in a Child: A Rare Entity. Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2(6); 124-27.
4. SaharanS., Solanki R., Hemrajani D., & Solanki M.K. Histopathological Spectrum of Renal Biopsy in Adult Onset Nephrotic Range Proteinuria: An Experience at a Tertiary Care Centre. Int J Med Res Prof.2017; 3(3); 149-54.
5. S. Amarneel, N. Sheth. Pattern of Anemia in elderly Age Group. IJSRR 2015, 4(2), 51-56
6. N.A. Qureshi, M. A. Z. Chauhan , R. A. Qureshi, S.K. Suri, S. Amarneel. Autopsy study of Heart with special emphasis on Coronary artery lesion. SEAJCRR 2015 MAY-JUNE 4(3) 1694-1707.
7. M.Gohil, S. Amarneel. Hysterectomy: A Clinico-Pathological Correlation of 620 cases. IJSR vol:4 issue 6 June 2015 530-531
8. S. Amarneel, M.R. Gohil. S. Gamit, M. Valva, D. Shukla. Study of Serum Prostate Specific Antigen level in Prostate Biopsy Specimens. IJIRD June, 2015 vol 4 issue 6 177-179
9. S. Amarneel, S.K. Suri. Histopathological study of Prostatic lesion. IJAR 2018, volume-8 | issue-12 | December-2018 114-115
10. S. Amarneel, J. J. Chavda, A.P. Goswami, G.K. Chauhan, S.K. Suri. A Case Report on sudden Death in Sickle Cell Anemia. IJCMAAS 2014, vol:2 issue 2, 15-17
11. Sonam Alha, S.S. Chouhan et al. TRENDS OF HIV SEROPREVALENCE AMONG BLOOD DONORS AT A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL BLOOD BANK IN WESTERN RAJASTHAN INDIA. Ijmsdr [Internet]. 2019Jun.29 ;3(6). IJMSIR
12. Sonam Alha, S.S. Chauhan, Arun Bharti et al .Pattern of Anemia Amongst Deferred Blood Donors At A Tertiary Care Hospitals in Bikaner, Rajasthan, India. IJMSIR 2019;vol 4, issue 4, 171-6.
13. Buch A, Choudhary Sangeeta, Chandawale S, Kumar Harsh. Study of Renal and Lipid profile in Diabetic Patients. IJPBS/vol.5/issue 1/JAN-MAR/2015/33-41
14. Bamnikar SA, Panicker NK, Dhaigude B, Choudhary Sangeeta, Buch A. Carcinoma of the Cystic duct presenting as obstructive Jaundice. Med J DY Patil Univ 2015;8:220-2.