Introduction and Objective of the Scheme
Multi -Disciplinary Research Unit
Multi Disciplinary Research Units (MRUs) has been established in Government Medical College, Kota under the scheme Of Department of Health Research Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. ”Establishment of Multi -Disciplinary Research Units (MRUs) in the Government Medical Colleges/Research Institutions” as a path- breaking initiative to develop/strengthen the health research infrastructure in the country to fulfill the newly allocated function of the Department related to the “Promotion, Coordination and Development of Basic, Applied and Clinical Research”.
Objectives of the Scheme
· Undertaking of clinical trials by MRUs as per the Allocation of Business Rules of Government of India.
· Undertaking of multi centric research projects by MRUs, medical colleges, research institutes.
· Encouraging and strengthening research environment in medical colleges by establishing MRUs.
· Bridging infrastructural gap inhibiting health research in the medical colleges/research institutions by establishing MRUs
· Capacity building and human resource development in the field of health research.
· Ensuring geographical spread of health research infrastructure in medical colleges/research institutes by gradually establishing MRUs
· Improving overall health status of the population by creating evidence-based application of diagnostic procedures/processes/methods.