THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
THE SUBJECT OF PHYSIOLOGY
· The subject of Physiology is concerned with the structure-function relationship of various cells, tissues and organ systems in health and disease.
· In association with anatomy and biochemistry, the subject of Physiology forms the foundation for understanding the principles of homeostasis and evolution of disease, the diagnosis of diseases through clinical, laboratory, radiological and electrophysiological means and the treatment of disease based on molecular biology and genetics.
THE EVOLUTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
· The Department of Physiology was established at the inception of the college with 50 M.B.B.S. seats (in the year 1992). Subsequently, the number of seats was increased to 100 (in 2006), 150 (in 2011) and 250 (in 2019).
· Currently, the Department of Physiology at Government Medical College, Kota caters to
§ THE UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING
§ The undergraduate teaching of the students pursuing M.B.B.S.
§ THE POSTGRADUATE TEACHING
The postgraduate teaching of the subject for the concerned departments of
§ Pre-clinical Specialties
§ Para-clinical Specialties
§ Medical Specialties
Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Paediatrics, Respiratory Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology
§ Surgical Specialties
Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Orthopaedics
· POSTGRADUATE COURSE (M.D. PHYSIOLGY COURSE)
§ Recently, 2 seats of M.D. (Physiology) postgraduate course have been sanctioned in 2021.
· PARAMEDICAL COURSES
§ In addition, Paramedical course of B.Sc. Nursing and Diploma in Medical Lab Technology (D.M.L.T.) are also taught by the department.
THE FUNCTIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
· The department is focused towards the overall academic development of the student. It is the goal of the department that a student must develop the understanding of physiological principles and their application , well-grounded in functional anatomy, biochemistry, molecular biology and genetics.
· The department is committed towards the comprehensive development of intellectual skills in the form of proper acquisition and exposition of knowledge and help the students in their transition from the approach utilized in schools and competitive exam to that suitable for medical schools.
The department has various laboratories of Hematology, Amphibian and Mammalian Physiology, Human Physiology which are well-equipped to shape up the practical skills of students entering the institution.
· Hematology Laboratory
The subject of Hematology is concerned with the physiological basis of haematological aspects in health and disease.
· Amphibian Physiology Laboratory
Students in this laboratory receive practical training in the fundamentals of physiology related to muscles and nerves.
· Mammalian Physiology Laboratory
The laboratory explores the physiological basis of tissue-stimulus interactions.
· Human Clinical Physiology Laboratory
The methods of clinical and electrophysiological examination of patients in medicine are explained on the basis of underlying physiological principles.
The Department of Physiology was established at the inception of the college with 50 M.B.B.S. seats (in the year 1992). Subsequently, the number of seats was increased to 100 (in 2006), 150 (in 2011) and 250 (in 2019).
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH PROFILE UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING PROGRAMME M.B.B.S.
The department is committed and fully equipped to shape up the intellectual and practical skills of students entering the institution. Currently, 150 students are being admitted every year, and preparations are on for accommodating one hundred and fifty students each year.
Students of B.Sc. Nursing and various paramedical degree courses are being offered quality education as per their syllabi and needs.
- A Comparative Study between Young and Elderly Indian Males on Audio-Visual Reaction Time.Dr. Rinki Hada Ind.J.Sci.Res.and Tech.2014 Vol. 2 (1):25-29.
- Plastination by an acid curing polymer at room temperature: A pink city Technique, Dr. Rinki Hada, Int. J. Pure Appl. Sci.technol., 16(2) (2013):39-45.
- A study of correlation of pulmonary functions and percentage of body fat in normal and overweight medical students, Dr.Rinki Hada International journal of basic and applied physiology, Vol 1(1), 2012:62-65.
- Laboratory Practical Manual of Haematology for 1st M.B.B.S. Students. Dr.Rinki Hada &Reshu Gupta, by Capricorn publishing House,2014.
Workshop/CME Attended by Dr.Rinki Hada
- 57th Annual Conference of Physiologists & Pharmacologists of India14thDec. APPICON 2011 at AIIMS Delhi,onTools & Techniques in Physiological&Pharmacological sciences.
- National Seminar on Role of Biotechnology in Medical & Dental Research 5th April 2012 by organised by RUHS Jaipur.
- XIXth National CME in Haematology 23&26 Jan.2013 at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences,Mumbai.
- 4th Regional CME in Haematology 10th March 2013 Jaipur.
Conference Attendedby Dr.Rinki Hada
- 1st International Conference on Basic &Applied Physiology,22&23Dec.,2012, B.J. medical college Ahmedabad&Poster Presented on“Association of PFTwith body fat%in normal & overweight medical students”.
- Annual Conference cum workshop on Research Methodology&Biostatistics on Research Methodology&Biostatistics on 26august 2012 at Lady Harding College Delhi.
- 2nd International Conference on Basic &Applied Physiology,19to22Dec.,2014,at S.M.S. medical college Jaipur&Poster Presented on “A study of correlation of FEV1/FVC ratio with body fat percentage in young individuals”
- A 3 days Training of “Prevention Sexual Harassment of women at working place” from 30/04/15 to 2/05/15 organised by OTS at Jaipur.