DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
Department of dentistry is well equipped with the latest state of the art equipment to meet the requirement of safe dental care service components of assured quality, at all the times, to every needy patient. The department provides all aspects of dental care (from basic to most advanced care) which are regularly being done in the department.
Various treatment needs of patients are being performed in this department which includes;
- Emergency treatment of oral and maxillofacial injuries.
- Primary diagnosis and treatment of dental diseases
-Instruction, Education and motivation for oral hygiene maintenance for prevention of oral diseases.
- Dental Extraction (including surgical as well as non-surgical)
- Caries excavation, fillings and root canal treatment ( RCT )
- Scaling, Root -Planing and Oral Prophylaxis
- Minor Oral Surgeries.
- Orthodontic Treatment.
- Treatment of Maxillofacial fractures.
- Dental treatment of referral patients admitted in various departments of SMS Hospital as well as other attached hospitals.
In addition to above, Department of dentistry not only performs all type of dental medico-legal work which are being registered in the hospital but also performs Dental medico-legal cases which are being referred to SMS Hospital, from attached hospitals as well as referred from other districts of rajasthan.