Research & Publications
Department Of Microbiology
PUBLICATIONS IN THE YEAR 2019
1. Zika virus outbreak in Rajasthan, India in 2018 was caused by a virus endemic to Asia Yadav PD, Malhotra B, Sapkal G, Nyayanit DA, Deshpande G, Gupta N, Padinjaremattathil UT, Sharma H, Sahay RR, Sharma P, Mourya DT.. Infect Genet Evol. 2019 ;69:199-202.
2. Occurrence of Mycoplasma genitalium in the peritoneal fluid of fertile and infertile women with detailed analysis among infertile women. Rekha S, Nooren M, Kalyan S, Mohan M, Bharti Malhotra, Monika R, Anita S, Kiran M, Vandana N. Microb Pathog. 2019; 129:183-186.
3. Cluster Containment Strategy: addressing Zika Virus outbreak in Rajasthan, India .Ruchi Singh, Veenu Gupta, Bharti Malhotra, Sujeet K Singh, P Ravindran, Deepa Meena, Jyoti Gupta, VK Mathur, RP Mathur, Sunil Singh, Pratibha Sharma, Himanshu Sharma, Sudhir Bhandari, Nivedita Gupta, Gajanan Sapkal, Devendra T Mourya, Maclane Speer. BMJ Global Health 2019;4.
4. Geographical distribution of primary and secondary dengue in India-2017-a cross-sectional multi-centric study. Chitra Rao, Harmanmeet Kaur, Nivedita Gupta, Sasidharanpillai Sabeena, Ambica R, Amita Jain, Ashvini Yadav, Bhagirathi Dwibedi, Bharti Malhotra, Dalip K Kakru, Debasis Biswas, Deepali Savargaonkar, Ganesan M, Jyotsnamayee Sabat, Kanwardeep Dhingra, Lalitha S, Neena Valecha, Pamireddy Madhavilatha, Pradeep V Barde, Piyush D Joshi, Pratibha Sharma, Rajarshi Gupta, Ratho RK, Shailpreet Sidhu, Shakti Saumnam Shrivastava, Shanta Dutta, Shantala GB, Sheikh Imtiaz, Shveta Sethi, Usha Kalawat, Vijayachari P, Vimal, Neetu Vijay, Biswajyoti Borkakoty, Purnima Barua, Tapan Majumdar, Govindakarnavar Arunkumar. Indian J Med Res. 2019;149(4):548-553.
5. Molecular characterization of Influenza A(H1N1) pdm 09 viruses circulating at various geographical locations in India, 2017. Potdar V, Vijay N, Gupta N, Arunkumar G., Borkakoty B, Malhotra B, Rabha D, Hing D, Kaur H, Chadha M, Vegad M, Dwivedi B, Sabat J, Kaveri K, Sarmah K, Sharma A, Sharma P, J Tiwari, Jain A, Prakash S, Jagadesh A, Krishnan A.. Indian J Med Res 2019;149:783-9
6. Microbiological evaluation of otitis media: institutionalbased study. Bansal M, Yadav A, Rawat S, Patni P. Int J Med Res. Accepted march, 2019.
7. Seroprevalence of IgM and IgG antibodies to Toxoplasma infections in HIV positive anti retroviral therapy naive individuals. Garg S, Sharna B, Bitthoo R, Vyas N. Muller J Med Sci Res 2019; 10: 8-12
PUBLICATIONS IN THE YEAR 2018
1. A clinicomycological, study of otomycosis from a tertiary care hospital in Rajasthan, Indian Journal of microbiology. 2018; 8 (5). Dr. Surbhi Mittal, Dr. Aruna Vyas, Dr. Rakesh Kumar Maheshwari, Dr. Rajni Sharma.
2. Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of proteus species isolate from various clinical samples in a tertiary care hospital, Scholars journal of applied medical science. 2018; 6 (5): 1909-13. Dr. Mahima, Dr. Rekha Bachiwal, Dr. Rajni Sharma, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari,
3. Acute Respiratory Tract Infection by Rhinovirus in Adults at Jaipur, Scholars journal of applied medical sciences (SJAMS). 2018; 6 (5): 1877-79. Dr. Nikita Gupta, Dr. Jitendra Tiwari, Dr. Pratibha Sharma, Dr. Bharti Malhotra.
4. Magnitude of inducible clindamycin resistance in clinical isolates of staphylcoccus aureus in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Scholars journal of applied medical science. 2018; 6 (4): 1829-32, Dr. Sadhana Joshi, Dr. Ramesh Mishra , Dr. Nita Pal, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari.
5. Evaluation of risk factors and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of community and hospital isolates of urinary tract infection, Indian journal of medical and health research. 2018; 4 (6): 56-59. Dr. Satish Legha, Dr. Rajni Sharma, Dr. Aruna Vyas, Dr. Rekha Bachiwal.
6. Co-infection of cytomegalo virus among naïve HIV Positive persons in SMS Medical College, Jaipur Rajasthan, Indian Journal of applied research. 2018; 8 (4). Dr. Shivani Rawat, Dr. Nitya Vyas, Dr. Babita Sharma.
7. Speciation and antifungal susceptibility profile of candida isolates from urine samples in a tertiary care hospital, Indian journal of medical and health research. 2018; 4 (6): 12-15, Dr. Sushma Atal, Dr. R.K. Mishra, Dr. R.K. Maheshwari.
8. Correlation of C Reactive protein and Blood Culture in neonatal sepsis, Journal of clinical and diagnostic research, accepted in March 2018, Dr. Niza Monga, Dr. Rameshwari Bitthu.
9. Prevalence and antibiotic resistance pattern of Metallo – Beta lactamase producing pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates form clinical specimen in a Tertiary care hospital, Journal of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Accepted in April 2018, Dr. Vinita Choudhary.
10. Profile of respiratory pathogens causing acute respiratory infections in hospitalization in Rajasthan: a 4 year study. Ind J Med Microbiol 2018; 36: 163-71. M. Anjaneya Swami, Bharti Malhotra, PV Janardhan Reddy, Jitendra Tiwari
11. Cluster of differentiation 4+ T cell counts and HIV 1 viral load in patients coinfected with hepatitis B virus and Hepatitis C Virus. J of lab physicians 2018; 10 (2). Gupta S, Malhotra B, Tiwari J, Khandelwal P D, Maheshwari R.
12. Molecular characterization of Hepatitis A Virus isolates from children hospitalized at tertiary care center Jaipur. Indian J Med Res. 2018; 147: 435-526. Malhotra B, Kanwar A, Reddy PVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J, Bhargava S, Verma HN.
13. Anticancer activity of Asparagus racemosus root extracts in non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2018; 4(6). https://doi.org/10.31024/ajpp.2018.4.6.7 Debaashish Biswas, Manisha Mathur, Hemant Malhotra, Shipra Bhargava, Bharti Malhotra.
14. Evaluation of MTBDRsl V1.0 for detecting resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis to second line drugs" accepted International journal Tuberculosis and lung disease 2018. Rupjyoti Chandak, Bharti Malhotra*, Shipra Bhargav, Sumit Goyal, Deepika Harjai Jitender Tiwari.
15. Measles outbreak occurring in different districts of Rajasthan, India. Agarwal A, Singh SK, Maheshwari RK, Gupta K. Ind J App res 2018; 8(8).
CMEs AND WORKSHOPS CONDUCTED IN THE YEAR 2018-19
1. In collaboration with CDC, 3 days Hands-on Microbiology Training for District Microbiologists (IDSP) and Lab Technicians of Rajasthan at Department of Microbiology, SMS Medical College, Jaipur held on March 12-14, 2019
2. CME and Workshop on “Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever and Biorisk Mitigation in Handling Infectious Materials in Laboratories and Hospital Settings” at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, organized by the ICMR – NIV, Pune from May 7-10, 2018
3. On site hands on training for detection of ZIKA virus by Real time PCR (March 26-27 2018) in collaboration with NIV Pune
4. Rapid syndromic testing for the diagnosis of infectious diseases (June 1,2019)
5. Workshop on lab molecular Oncology in ISMPOCON (conquering cancer- current concepts) (Nov 16-18)
6. On site hands on training for detection of ZIKA virus by Real time PCR ( October 2018 ) for Ajmer Medical college
7. Onsite training for lab diagnosis of hepatitis May 2019
8. In collaboration with CDC, 3 days Hands-on Microbiology Training for District Microbiologists (IDSP) and Lab Technicians of Rajasthan at Department of Microbiology, SMS Medical College, Jaipur held on august , 2019
9. In collaboration with CDC, 3 days Hands-on Microbiology Training for District Microbiologists (IDSP) and Lab Technicians of Rajasthan at Department of Microbiology, SMS Medical College, Jaipur held on august , 2019
10. Sample collection and transport for high risk pathogen for all Jodhpur district September 2019- jodhpur
11. Sample collection and transport for high risk pathogen for all medical college VRDL by zoom call.
12. IUI-ISI- FIMSA immunology course – 12th October 2019 – 16th October 2019
13. Emergency preparedness for zoonotic diseases in collaboration with NCDC, Medical & Health and animal husbandry 4th – 5th November 2019
14. On site hands on training for detection of ZIKA virus by Real time PCR (March 26-27) in collaboration with NIV Pune.
15. CME and workshop on CCHF (Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic fever) and biorisk mitigation in handling infectious materials in laboratories and Hospital settings (May 7-10) in collaboration with NIV Pune.
16. Rapid syndromic testing for the diagnosis of infectious diseases (June 1)
17. Workshop on lab molecular Oncology in ISMPOCON (conquering cancer- current concepts) (Nov 16-18)
18. HIV sentinel surveillance training for PMOs, Site incharges, laboratory Technicians and Counselors (Dec17-18)
Previous Years Research and Publications
1. Malhotra B, Tiwari JK, Chauhan A , Malhotra H. Etiological study of viruses causing acute encephalitis syndrome in North West India. 2017 (Submitted to Ind J Med Microbiol).
2. Influence of HBV and HCV co-infection on CD4+ T cell counts and viral load in HIV positive patients. 2017 (submitted to J Lab Physicians).
3. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Kumar N, Tiwari J. Trends of respiratory syncytial virus sub groups in children hospitalized at tertiary care centre in Jaipur during 2012-14. Indian J. Med. Microbiol. 2017; 35:135-6.
4. Shilpa balothia . Epidemiological and diagnosis of keratomycosis in patients attending ophthalmology dept of SMS medical college, Jaipur. Int J med sci inn res, 2017.
5. Evaluation of different phenotypic tests for detection of Metallobetalactamase in imipenem resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Sachdewa R, Babita Sharma, Sharma R. J. Lab. Physicians. 2017;9:249-53
6. Seropositivity and seasonal trend of dengue cases in Jaipur (Rajasthan), Western India (2010-2016). Sakshee Gupta, Nitya Vyas, Rameshwari Bithu, Rajeev Yadav, Babita Sharma International Multispecialty Journal of Health Vol-3, Issue-6, June- 2017 152-157
7. Significance of Beta 2-Microglobulin to predict the development of HIV/AIDS. Md. Khalid Hassan, Babita Sharma, Jitendra Panda, Nitya Vyas International Journal of Medical and Health Research Volume 3; Issue 6; June 2017;. 100-103
8. Total lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker for CD4+ T lymphocyte count in newly diagnosed HIV positive patients in tertiary care Hospital in Eastern Rajasthan. Mohd. Khalid Hassan, Nitya Vyas, Sakshee Gupta and Babita Sharma. International Journal of Applied Research 2017; 3(2): 87-90