Psychiatric Centre, Jaipur
Dr. Alok Tyagi Dr. Lalit Batra
Senior Professor & Superintendent Senior Professor & HOD
General Information about Hospital
· Psychiatric centre, Jaipur is the premier institute of the state of Rajasthan for treatment and care of mentally ill. Founded in 1952, the institute has completed 70 years of its existence
· It is one of the six attached hospitals of SMS Medical College, Jaipur. At present the hospital has total bed strength of 312 including, 32 in emergency ward and 20 in de-addiction ward at SMS Hospital.
· The department got its recognition as a post graduate teaching department of the medical college in the year 1980. Each year a batch of 5 post graduate doctors joins and passes out from the department, who also work under the various units.
· Psychiatric centre, Jaipur is running various specialty psychiatric services like de-addiction psychiatry, child psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, rehabilitation psychiatry etc.
· The catchment area of the hospital is whole of Rajasthan and adjacent states of UP, MP, Haryana, Punjab and the state of Delhi. The admission facilities in the centre are free to every person irrespective of the state. The medicines are distributed free of cost to all the indoor and outdoor patients