Departmental Other Activities
Department of Neurology
Achievement and Awards
1. Awarded by Rajasthan medical council on Doctors day 1st july 2017 for excellence in Medical education management. The award was presented by Hon’ble Health minister Sh Kalicharan Saraf.
2. Awarded prestigious Zee “Haroti Gaurav award” awarded on 7th may 2017 by Central Minster Arjun Ram Meghwal.
3. Merit certificate by District Administration, Kota on Independence Day; the 15 August 2004.
4. Merit certificate by District Administration, Kota on Independence Day; the 15 August 2016
5. Awarded Hadoti Health Care Achieve Award 2016 by Times of India on 30 Jan 2016.
6. Awarded ‘”Kota Ratn” by KG International on 8th April 2017.
7. Awarded for excellence by Hadoti Laghu Udhyog Council on 4 April 2017
8. Awarded & Honored by Nirdhan rogi upchar parka;p and Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi foundation on 25 March 2017
9. Awarded by Sakal digambar jain samaj on Mahavir jayanti in 2008
10. Felicitated by Principal & Controller, Govt. Medical College, Kota on 15th of Aug. 2014 for excellence services and contribution to the Institution.
11. Academic Excellence Award by Indian Medical Association, Kota on Doctor’s day 1.7.2005.
12. Award of Excellence by Indian Medical Association, Kota in 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011.
13. Merit certificate awarded by Red Cross, Kota in April 2002 for developing Neurology Services in Kota.
14. Award for excellent services by the Administration of MBS Hospital, Kota on Independence Day, the 15 August 2007.
15. Merit certificate for rendering medical services by Manav Kalyan Samity on its Foundation day on 6.6.2004 awarded by Shri Raghuveer Singh Kaushal, Member of Parliament.
16. Awarded merit certificate by Rotary club, Kota for Humanitarian services on 1.7.2007.
17. Awarded merit certificate by Rotary club, Kota on 1.7.2008 for rendering exemplary services, talent, skills, energy and resources in order to create better world.
18. Twice nominated for state award through Proper channel
19. Awarded by Rotrary Club Kota on 26th June 2014.
20. Awarded by Vice Chancellor “Vardman Open University, Kota for excellent work on 5th Sept. 2014.
1. Department of Neurology Kota has been developed as a second largest department in last 15 Years. Department was started in 1999 with 4 beds and now has 44 beds including 12 beded state-of-art Stroke Unit. Neurointervention Lab installation has been completed and is about to start. The department has got 4 post doctoral DM Neurology seats. So the department has grown to be second largest department in the state of Rajasthan after Jaipur.
2. The department has also developed a state-of-art 12 bedded Stroke Unit in 2009, first of its kind in Government Medical College Rajasthan. It has 4,000 sq.ft. area, fully air-conditioned ICU having in house rehabilitation centre, patient facility area and seminar room. Unit is providing acute stroke care to the people of not only Hadoti area but also other parts of southern Rajasthan and nearby area of UP and MP.
3. Neurointervention lab is going to be started very soon. Neurointervention lab was conceptualized 3 years back; it’s a unique Cath Lab, first of its kind in whole country attached to department of Neurology in Government sector. Once operational in near future, it will provide treatment facilities like DSA of brain, intervention for treatment of Aneurysm, AVM and Endovascular treatment of stroke.
4. The Department of Neurology started post doctoral courses for DM neurology since 2013 with 2 seats. Seats have been increased from 2 to 4 with effect from year 2017-18. The letter of permission from Ministry of Health has been received.
5. Department has organized 12 National and International conferences and few workshops. Department has also organized 6 KMC Neurology oriations in last 13 years.
First oration “Neuroradiology in New Millennium” Dr N K Mishra
Second Oration “Saga of Vanishing C T Lesions” Dr G K Ahuja
Third Oration “Current management of stroke” Dr G S Chopra
Fourth Oration “Mind Body and Brain” Dr Ashok Pangaria
Fifth Oration “Health Care India-The Road Ahead” Dr Naresh Trehan
Sixth Oration “Advances in Neurosciences Applicable to Your Clinical Practice” Dr. Subhash Kaul
6. Department of Neurology has been selected as a centre for ICMR project on “Population based National Stroke Registry” among 5 centers in India.
7. Development Department of Neurology, Medical College, Kota as 2nd largest department in Rajasthan in term of bed strength and facilities.
8. Started post Doctoral DM Neurology Course in Department of Neurology, Govt. Medical College, Kota, In 2013. The Department is know included selected post doctoral DM training centers in India. DM seats increase from 2 to 4 in 2017 by Medical Council of India.
9. Motivated donation from Public for setting up and renovating Neurology ward in 2003.
10. Neurophysiology Laboratory was renovated with the help of public donation in 2006.
11. Conceptualized setting up of new stroke unit at Kota with the help of public donation. The Stroke unit was completed in 2009 and was inaugurated on 4th oct 2009.This is first Stroke unit in medical colleges of Rajasthan and is largest and best in northern India.
12. Organized largest attended “Run for Stroke Awareness” among public – first of its kind in India.
13. He has been advisor to student welfare organization of Medical College, Kota during previous10 years.
14. Chairmen of Medical Education unit of Government Medical College, Kota regularly organizing educational programmer.
15. Member Secretary Institutional Ethical committee, Govt medical college, Kota
16. Chairman, Disciplinary committee, Govt medical college, Kota
17. He has been Nodal Officer, Tele-medicine Centre, MBS Hospital, Kota
18. Worked as International observer at Neurological Institute of Cleveland clinic, Ohio, USA From 21st June to 2nd July 2010.
19. Invited to New Jersey, USA for delivering lecture on CNS infection and epilepsy on 1.11.2006.
20. Attended Joint World Congress on Stroke held in Cape Town, South Africa on October 26-29th, 2006.
21. Attended Annual Conference of American Academy of Neurology 30 April – 3rd May 2007 at Boston, USA.
22. Has been Visiting professor to Department of Neuro-surgery, SMS medical college Jaipur on 30-31st march 2013.
23. Attended Epilepsy summit 2008 at Hong Kong 24-26th May 2008.
24. Approved Drama Artist of All India Radio since 1984.
25. Broadcasted 12 public awareness programmes on All India Radio, Kota station.
26. Visiting Neurologist to Teng Toch Seng University hospital, Singapore, June 2009.
27. Facilitated by Governor of Rajasthan H.E. Sh. Tibrewal on 20th July 19998.
28. Has been President of India Medical Association, Kota for the year 2015-16.
29. Has been Medical Council of India Accessor for starting and approving DM Neurology Course seven times in different Universities in the country.
30. DM Neurology examiner to different Universities in MP and Odisha.
31. Invited as Visiting professor & Guest Teaching faculty by Deptt. of Neuro-Surgery, SMS medical college, Jaipur on 12 March 2017
32. Invited as faculty to present clinic-radiological conference (CPC) at AIIMS New Delhi on 25 March 2017. This was shown live to all AIIMS institutions of the country through Telemedicine
33. Appointed as Chief vigilance officer for Govt medical college Kota by Principal secretary Home and Chief vigilance commissioner Rajasthan on 22nd June 2017.
1. Epilepsy Management in New Millennium - February 2000.
2. CME on Central Nervous System Infection – 24.2.2002.
3. CME on Movement Disorder – April 2003
4. CME on Movement Disorder – November 2003
5. CME on Heart & Brain – December 2003 in association with IMA, Kota.
6. Epilepsy Update in association with Military Hospital, Kota –23.12.2006
7. CME on Neurology – 2.2.2008
8. National Neurology Update – 14.3.2008
9. CME on Stroke May 2009
10. Symposium on mind, motivation and mankind on 1st February 2009.
11. Stroke Update & 3rd KMC Neurology Oration on 26th July 2009.
12. CME on stroke_ 2010
13. Seminar on Practical Motivation on 25th July 2010.
14. International update on Pediatric Neurology & Child psychiatry, 26th-27th march 2011.
15. Geriatric & Stroke Rehabilitation on 31st January 2010.
16. Invited Visiting Professor Dr Vinay Goyal from AIIMS New Delhi for workshop on Botulinum toxin hands on training, lectures on current treatment guideline for dystonia and chronic meningitis and also to take rounds of Stroke-unit and Neurology ward 11-12 Jan 2014.
17. Conducted a Workshop on “Patient evaluation in Neurology” on 16 feb 2014 primarily targeted at training residents of Institute.
18. Started KMC Neurology oration in 2004. So far five orations have been delivered by eminent speakers (once in two years).
First oration (2003) “Neuroradiology in New Millennium” Dr N K Mishra, Professor and Head, Department of Neuro – Radiology, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Second Oration (2005) “Saga of Vanishing C T Lesions” Dr G K Ahuja, Former Professor of Neurology, AIIMS. Sernior Consultant Neurologist at Apolo Hospital, New Delhi.
Third Oration (2008) “Current management of stroke” Dr G S Chopra, “Padam Bhushan”, Emeritus Professor of Neurology, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Fourth Oration (2010) “Mind Body and Brain” Dr Ashok Pangaria, “Padma Shri” Emeritus Professor of Neurology, SMS, Medical Collee, Jaipur and Former Principal and Controller of SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
Fifth Oration (2012) “Health Care India-The Road Ahead” Dr NareshTrehan, Chairman and CEO, Medanta, Gurgaon, NCR.
Six Oration (2014) “Advances in Neurosiences applicable to your clinical practice” Dr. Subhash Kaul, Professor and Head,Department of Neurology, NIMS, Hydrabad, India.