RNT MEDICAL COLLEGE AT A GLANCE
Ravindra Nath Tagore Medical College,Udaipur was established in the year 1961, spread in 57 acres and situated in heart of the City. In 1966 the college received recognition from MCI. The Medical College now offers 200 seats in graduation and 121 seats in post-graduation. Institute is also providing DM course in Cardiology and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery & CTVS departments.
There are Five Associated Group of Hospitals under this institute with an average OPD of 6288 per day :-
A. Maharana Bhupal Hospital having 1306 beds.
B. Pannadhay Zanana Hospital having 440 beds .
C. TB and Chest Hospital, Bari having 260 beds
D. Shri Khemraj Katara Satellite Hospital, Hiran Magri having 100 beds.
E. Shri Sunder Singh Bhandari District Hospital, Chandpole having 100 beds.
Beside the broad specialities the institute provides super specialty services to patients from this district and also nearby districts of MP and Gujarat in field of Cardiology, CTVS, Neurology, Neuro Surgery, Nephrology, Urology, GI Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Radiation Oncology.
There is a modern library, administrative Building, 99 Residential Quarters for Faculty and Nursing Staff, Two Lodges(Dharmshala) to house attendants of poor patients.
There are 3 hostels for undergraduate Boys (capacity-524) & two for U.G. Girls (capacity-325), two Hostels for P.G. boys & 1 for P.G. Girls (capacity-470).There are seperate intern(capacity-125) & SR hostels(capacity-100).
The institute also has a rural health training center at Vallabhnagar located 40 Km. from city and one urban health training center at Dhanmandi to provide field training to under graduate, post graduate students and Interns.
The institute has a well-equipped central lab providing pathology microbiology and biochemistry diagnostic services. It also has a well developed Radiology Department having facilities of Digital X-ray, Ultra Sonography and CT scan. MRI center is working in PPP mode.
Some important milestones :-
Separate Cardiology Department was established in the year 2002 with financial assistance of rupees 6.5 Cr. by HZL (Vedanta Group). Services like ECHO, TMT, Angiography, Angioplasty and Holter are being provided through this center.
· A Cardiothoracic surgical unit was built within this center in the year 2006 with financial assistance from RSMM, Ltd. Udaipur.
· A Trauma Center having 97 beds has been built in the campus in the year 2011 with the financial assistance from GOI under CSS.
· An ART center has been functioning in the institute since 28th December, 2007. All tests related to HIV/ AIDS including CD-4, counselling and ARV treatment is being provided free of cost.
· A Geriatric Medicine unit has been built and now under operation under CM Announcement 2012-13 Budget.
· There is a seperate pediatric hospital "BAL CHIKTSALAYA" with facility for care of 180 new borns(NICU/SNCU), 16 bedded PICU, thalassemia ward , MTC, Early Intervention Centre & 3 units (120 beds) .Also, There is a seperate well equipped Swine Flu Ward having 15 general beds along with 10 ICU beds with central medical gas pipeline system.
Our new ambitious projects are - A super speciality block for nine super speciality departments.It is a 6 storey building, centrally air conditioned having 58 ICU beds & 198 beds for 9 super speciality departments(Neurology,Neurosurgery,GI surgery,Gastroenterology,Nephrology,Urology,Radiotherapy,Plastic surgery & Endocrinology).The latest diagonstic and therapeutic modalities like DSA,lithotripsy,linear accelator,dialysis,kidney transplant unit,6 modular OTs & CSSD,MGPS and modern lab are built & operational.
· HMIS- The work under Arogya Online project in the institute and Associated Group of Hospitals is complete and likely to go online in near future.
· The work of E-library project is complete and likely to be commissioned soon.
· The institute is providing free medicine and free investigation to all patients under the State Government Schemes like MNDY and MNJY. The other Government Schemes providing benefits to pregnant Woman, New Borns and handicaps include JSSY, Mukhya Mantri Shubh Laxmi Yojna, Jeevan Raksha Kosh and CM Relief fund.