About The Principal
Dr. Sudhir Bhandari
MD, DNB, MNAMS,
FRCP (London), FRCP (Edinburgh)
FACE (Fellow American College of Endocrinology)
FACP (Fellow American College of Physicians)
FICP, AFICA (USA), FISC, FRSSDI
FELLOW OF DIABETES INDIA (FDI)
Sr. Professor of Medicine
S.M.S. Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur
Honorary Physician to H. E. Governor of Rajasthan
D-126/A, Krishna Marg,
University Road, Bapu Nagar,
Jaipur - 302015
Ph.: 0141-27102324, 2710434
Fax. : +91-141-2719119
M : +91-98290-78844
1. Present Position
· Sr. Professor in upgraded dept of Medicine
PRINCIPAL AND CONTROLLER
SMS Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur
· Hon. Physician to H.E. The Governor of Rajasthan
2. Write up & Text book Chapters
· Wrote A Book On Lifestyle Diseases And Positive Health Release
By Hon. Cm vasundhara raje Ji And padma shri milkha singh Ji
· AUTHOR OF A CHAPTER IN TEST BOOK OF MEDICINE BY API (2015)
CHAPTER – INSULIN RESISTANCE, DYSLIIDEMIA AND PPAR: INDIAN PERSPECTIVE
· AUTHOR OF A CHAPTER IN TEST BOOK OF MEDICINE BY API (2013).
CHAPTER- VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY & CARDIO VASCULAR DISEASES.
· EVIDENCE TO EXPERIENCE (ISSUE 4) FROM WOCKHARDT
TOPIC – CHROMIUM DINICOCYSTEINATE IN INSULIN RESISTANCE
· TEXT BOOK OF RSSDI-2015
TOPIC – HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT: INNOVATIONS, IDEAS, AND ALGORITHMS
· TEXT BOOK OF APICON-2016
TOPIC – “D DIMER: WHERE TO SEND AND HOW TO INTERPRET”
· TEXT BOOK OF DIABETESINDIA-2017
TOPIC – “GLYCEMIC VARIABILITY AND THE ROLE OF VOGLIBOSE IN MANAGEMENT OF GV
· TEXT BOOK OF RAJ-RSSDI-2018
TOPIC – “GLP THERAPIES – ARE ALL SAME ? & RATIONALE OF ADDING GLP THERAPIES TO BASAL INSULIN
3. Invitation as faculty (speaker)
Regularly invited as faculty to give orations at
API conferences (Association of Physician of India)
RSSDI (Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India)
Diabetes India (World congress of Diabetes)
(Member of Core Group who finalised Indian conseneus guidelines of management of type 1 diabetes.)
International Cardiodiabetic and metabolic symposia in various countries.
4. Membership of
· API (Association of Physician of India)
· RSSDI (Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India)
· Endocrine society of India(ESI)
· Hypertension society of India
· CSI (Cardiological Society of India)
· AACE (American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists)
· Organising secretary for AIAAROCON 2014
· Indian Podiatry Association.
5. International award
· WORLD ICON AWARD AT BANGKOK 9TH JUNE, 2018 BY DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER OF THAILAND
· ROTARY INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR BEST MEDICAL CAMP AND CONTRIBUTION TO PULS POLIO PROGRAMME
· LITERACY HERO AWARD BY ROTARY INTERNATIONAL-2017
6. National Awards
· DR. P.J. MEHTA, YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD IN NEW DELHI
Dec. 2002 in Hypertension Society of India Conference.
· DR. CHENNA REDDY GOLD MEDAL
For best scientific paper in RAJ APICON in Oct. 2002 (CCA-IMT in type 2 M.D.)
· DR. CHENNA REDDY GOLD MEDAL
For best scientific paper in RAJ APICON in Oct. 2003 (CCA-IMT caretation with nephropathy/retinopathy in type-2 MD).
· DR. CHENNA REDDY GOLD MEDAL
For best scientific paper in RAJ APICON in Oct. 2005 (CCA-IMT Caretation with CAD in type 2 DM).
· STATE MERIT AWARD BY HON. C.M. ON 15TH AUG. 2002
For outstanding Medical Professional for research & clinical work.
· RAJ GAURAV AWARD BY H.E. THE GOVERNOR
April 2002 for Distinguish Doctor of the state.
· CHIKITSA RATNA AWARD BY IMA ( INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION RAJASTHAN)-2016
· TIMES OF INDIA, HEALTH AWARD
For outstanding Physician – Jul 2013
For achieving total literary for special children (Physical & Mental challenged) in recognition of “SERVICE ABOVE SELF”
· PRIDE OF RAJASTHAN AWARD-2017
· Various felicitations for excellent oration at Clinical updates, Seminars, Lecturers in various social and public programme.
7. Clinical Research Experience
Certified in Essential GCP by Brookwood international Academy. Following trials are successfully completed:
· Dyslipidemia (Multicenteric double blind study, Phase 3)
· 2 Diabetes (Multicenteric comparatives study, Phase 3)
· Hypertension in Type II patients, phase III trial
· SHINE study: To study the Human insulin initiation pattern in Type II DM patients who are uncontrolled on their current medicines (Dinoo Consultants)
· TEENS Study: Impact of process of medical care on glycemic control & quality of life in Juvenile diabetes.
· VERIFY Study – Global multicenteric study by Novartis
· FOREFRONT Study – by Astrazeneca
8. Following PMS trial conducted in last 5 year
· ISTART study for Novelet 2005.
· Serited efficacy in Chronic Bronchial Asthma and COPD (2006).
· PREDICTIVE Study for Levemir in 2007.
· IMPROVE for Novomix in 2008.
· Conducted 4 Major Post Marketing trials with Lantus in Type 2 Diabetes patients at my centre - LANTRUS, LAUREL, CREATE, INSUTREAT.
· Sustained release Diltiazem in Hypertension and IHD patients (Modi Mundis).
· Status of Inj. GLARITUS (Glargene) in type 2 Diabetic patient with secondary failure.
· Phase III trials of using Daflon in Peripheral Vascular Disease with help of Doppler study in 2003 (Serdia Pharma).
· Efficacy of Sitagliptin (Januvia) in bringing glycemic control (Hb 1Ac) in more than 100 patients & presented data in an International Meet at Hyderabad.
· Novomix 30 superior PPG control along with effective FPG control.
9. Service to Society
CONDUCTING VARIOUS CARDIO-DIABETIC-METABOLIC & MEDICAL SPECIALITY CAMPS IN JAIPUR & RURAL AREAS EVERY MONTH FOR LAST 20 YEARS UNDER AUSPICIOUS OF CHARITABLE TRUST STARTED BY HIS LATE FATHER Dr D. R. BHANDARI IN 1991.
A. ACTIVITY OF CHARITABLE MEDICAL TRUST:
The Charitable Trust by Late DR D.R BHANDARI is actively engaged in charitable activities, research work and public awareness programmes under Guidance of DR. SUDHIR BHANDARI.
B. MEDICAL SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
SERVICE TO PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY CHALLENGED CHILDREN AS ADVISER TO DISHA : -
He has contributed for the care; education & improving of support system to the physically and mentally challenged children of Disha institute.
C. EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR SCHOOL:
Conducting awareness programs for school children for fitness, healthy eating, swine flu, dengue and seasonal diseases this includes an audio visual program and question answer session with children.