Research & Publication
Department Of Endocrinology
Latest Research & Publication of Dr. Sandeep Kumar Mathur
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
1. “Genetic investigation of RET Gene & Other Genes in patients from MEN-2 Tumors.’’ project sanctioned by Rajasthan State DST.
2. Genomic Research in endocrine and other associated tumors (GREAT) 1. 2. 3.
3. Research Project of Dept. Of Endocrinology:- Chromosomal Microarray based projects :- (1) Molecular Genetics of Idiopathic and Syndromic short stature Phase-1 (2) Growth Hormone deficiency (3) Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism with GH deficiency (4) Turner Syndrome.
4. To study the utility of Acanthosis nigricans and Acrochordon in predicting Insulin resistance and adipocytokine in diabetics
RESEARCH PROJECTS DONE:-
1. Metabolism and Molecular Research Society sanctioned research project entitled, “Validation of Gene sets identified from Transcriptomic data of Adipose tissue of Asian Indian Type-2 Diabetes mellitus patients.
2. Research Project of Dept. Of Endocrinology:- Chromosomal Microarray based projects :- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD) and Idiopathic Short Stature.
3. Pro12Ala polymorphism of PPAR- γ gene and response to pioglitazone.
1. Saxena A, Tiwari P, Wahi N, Kumar A, Mathur SK. The common pathophysiologic threads between Asian Indian diabetic's 'Thin Fat Phenotype' and partial lipodystrophy: the peripheral adipose tissue transcriptomic evidences. Adipocyte. 2020 ;9(1):253-263.
2. Giri AK, Prasad G, Bandesh K, Parekatt V, Mahajan A, Banerjee P, Kauser Y, Chakraborty S, Rajashekar D; INDICO, Sharma A, Mathur SK, Basu A, McCarthy MI, Tandon N, Bharadwaj D. Multifaceted genome-wide study identifies novel regulatory loci in SLC22A11 and ZNF45 for body mass index in Indians. Mol Genet Genomics. 2020; 295(4):1013-1026.
3. Saxena A, Wahi N, Kumar A, Mathur SK. Functional Interactomes of Genes Showing Association with Type-2 Diabetes and Its Intermediate Phenotypic Traits Point towards Adipo-Centric Mechanisms in Its Pathophysiology. Biomolecules. 2020; 10(4):601.
4. Nehara HR, Sharma B, Kumar A, Saran S, Mangalhara NK, Mathur SK. Correlation of Olfactory Phenotype by Indian Smell Identification Test and Quantitative MRI of Olfactory Apparatus in Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2019; 23(3):367-372.
5. Jain J, Gupta N, Mathur R, Nimesh S, Mathur SK. A study on impact of BPA in the adipose tissue dysfunction (adiposopathy) in Asian Indian type 2 diabetes mellitus subjects. Indian J of Clin Biochem. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12291-019-00843-y.
6. Prasad G, Bandesh K, Giri AK, Kauser Y, Chanda P, Parekatt V, Mathur S, Madhu SV, Venkatesh P, Bhansali A, Marwaha RK, Basu A, Tandon N, Bharadwaj D, INDICO. Genome-Wide Association Study of Metabolic Syndrome Reveals Primary Genetic Variants at CETP Locus in Indians. Biomolecules. 2019 Jul 30; 9 (8)
7. Sharma B, Nehara HR, Saran S, Bhavi VK, Singh AK, Mathur SK. Coexistence of Autoimmune Disorders and Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in Children: An Observation from Western Part of India. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2019 Jan-Feb; 23 (1):22-26
8. Saxena A, Tiwari P, Wahi N, Soni A, Bansiwal RC, Kumar A, Sharma B, Punjabi P, Gupta N, Malik B, Medicherla KM, Suravajhala P, Mathur SK. Transcriptome profiling reveals association of peripheral adipose tissue pathology with type-2 diabetes in Asian Indians. Adipocyte. 2019 Dec;8 (1):125-136
9. Tiwari P, Saxena A, Gupta N, Medicherla KM, Suravajhala P, Mathur SK. Systems Genomics of Thigh Adipose Tissue From Asian Indian Type-2 Diabetics Revealed Distinct Protein Interaction Hubs. Front Genet. 2019 Jan 8; 9: 679
10. Mathur SK, Tiwari P, Gupta S, Gupta N, Nimesh S, Medicherla KM, Suravajhala P. Genetics of Lipodystrophy: Can It Help in Understanding the Pathophysiology of Metabolic Syndrome? Biomolecules. 2018 Jul 6; 8(3)
12. Gupta N, Sharma N, Mathur SK, Chandra R, Nimesh S. Advancement in nanotechnology-based approaches for the treatment and diagnosis of hypercholesterolemia. Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine and Biotechnology. 21:1-10, 2017.