Research & Publications
Department Of Microbiology
1. A Comparative Study of Conventional Cultural Methods for Better Yield of Zygomycetes at Tertiary Care Hospital Jaipur Kavita Mourya, Snigdha Purohit, Aruna Vyas, Nazneen Pathan, Bharti Malhotra.. International Journal of Medical Science and Current Research:Volume-4|Issue-5|Page no.77-82|September-October 2021
2. Retrospective Study of Mycological Profile of Respiratory Infections in Five Consecutive Years in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Dr.Kavita Mourya, Dr.Aruna Vyas, Dr.Snigdha Purohit(Corresponding author), Dr.Suman Meena. International Journal of Scientific Research:Volume-10|Issue-9|September-2021| doi :10.36106/ijsr
3. Clinical and Microbiological Assessment to Correlate RT-PCR Ct Value with Post Covid Symptoms in Health Care Workers: Does Adjuvant Therapy Helps Alleviate Post Covid Symptoms?. Snigdha Purohit ,Manish Bansal, Aruna vyas, Nitya Vyas(Corresponding author) Nazneen Pathan, Varunika Vijayvergia, Monika Gupta, Kanika Sharma. International Journal of Medical Research Professional. 2021 Jan; 7(1):49-51. Doi:10.21276/ijmrp.2021.7.1.014
4. Bacteriological profile from cell phones amongst laboratory personnel at tertiary care hospital Jaipur Snigdha Purohit (First & Corresponding Author), Aruna Vyas, Rajni Sharma.. The Rajasthan Medical Journal ,ISSN:0485-9561, Vol-14, issue-1, Jan-2020: 10-14
5. Study of Bacteriological Profile and Antibacterial Susceptibility of Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections among Trauma ICU Patients Snigdha Purohit, (First & Corresponding Author), Aruna Vyas, Rajni Sharma, Devendra Purohit , Nitya Vyas.. The Rajasthan Medical Journal, ISSN: 0185-9561, ISSUE : Dec (S) 2019 :72-79
6. A study on requirement of cold chain maintenance for reliable testing of SARS CoV-2 samples. Varunika Vijayvergiya, Aruna Vyas, Nazneen Pathan, Rajni Sharma, Snighdha Purohit, Aakriti, Neha Sharma , Nitya Vyas. Accepted in JCDR 2021.
7. Evaluation of Saline as Potential Alternative to Viral Transport Media for COVID-19 Samples Stored at Different Temperatures. Parul Sinha, Dinesh Kumar Jain, Sandeep Gupta, Monika Gupta, Megha Gupta, Aditi Agarwal, Rajni Sharma, Nitya Vyas . JCDR 2021, 15(4)
8. Evaluation of stability of RNA in Viral transport media for the detection of SARS- CoV-2 by RT -PCR under different temperature conditions. Dr Sandeep Gupta, Dr Dinesh Jain, Dr Parul Sinha, Dr Monika Gupta, Dr Malvika Sharma, Dr Nitya Vyas. IJMSE, 2021.
9. Multidrug resistant stenotrophomonas maltophilia- Changing Sensitivity pattern with resitance to Trimethoprim-Sulfamethaxazole- A retrospective Study from Jaipur, India Dinesh Jain, Yogesh Gupta, Parul Sinha, Sandeep Gupta, Varunika Vijayvargiya, Shivra Batra. J Evid Based Med Healthc 2021.
10. Transmission of Coronavirus disease-19 through asymptomatic and pre symptomatic is a challenge to containment: A Retrospective observational study. Dr Parul sinha, Dr Megha Gupta, Dr. Nisha Patidar, Dr Nitya Vyas. IJSR, 2021
11. Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C Viral Infections in Thalassemia Patients Undergoing Multiple Blood Transfusions in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Anupriya Yadav*, Rameshwari Bithu, Manju Yadav and Rakesh K. Maheshwari IJCMAS, 2021
12. A Hospital based observational study to evaluate,the microbiological profile among patients with ear discharge. Nazneen Pathan, Shivra Batra, Veena Balothia. International Journal of Health and Clinical research. 2021; 4 (7): 11-15 Accepted 22/03/2021.
13. Prevalence of high level aminoglycoside resistance and vancomycin resistant enterococci in enterococcal isolates in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Sunita Agarwal, Nazneen Pathan, Shvira Batra, Rajni Sharma. Global Journal for Research Analysis 2021; 4 (10).
14. Provider Initiated and client intiated HIV testing. A ten year ICTC based study : 2009-2019. Nazneen Pathan, Sunita Agarwal, Anshu Mittal, Adil Aziz, Nitya Vyas.. International Journal of Scientific Research. 2021; 4 (10): 16-19
15. Knowledge, attitude and practices regarding biomedical waste management among healthcare personnel in jaipur, India. Dr. Dinesh kumar jain, Dr. Monika gupta, Dr. Parul sinha, Dr. Sandeep gupta, Dr. Jaishree jain. Published Dec 2021 International J Medical sci and education.
16. Impact of corona virus disease (covid-19) on mental health: A comparative study Dr. Dinesh kumar jain, Dr. Monika gupta, Dr. Jaishree jain, Dr.Gaurav rajender, Dr. Sandeep Gupta, Published Dec 2021, International journal of medical science and education.
17. Role of RT-PCR Ct value in predicting severity of covid-19 infection: is it still required??? Monika gupta, Kanika sharma, Snigdha purohit*, Dinesh jain, Nitya Vyas published in International journal of scientific research. 2021, 10 (05) | print issn no. 2277 - 8179 | doi : 10.36106/ijsr
1. Serum Procalcitonin: A suggestive Predictor for sepsis among critically ill patients at SMS Hospital, Jaipur. Sarita Netra, J Med Sci and Clin Rearch 2020.
2. Prevalence of intestinal parasitic infections and associated risk factors among children attending a tertitary care Hospittal. Karadiya R, Hooja S, Yadav R, Pal N, Vyas N. Int J Res Pharma sci.. 2020
3. Drug susceptibility testing of Nontuberculous mycobacteria by broth micro dilution method. Megha Sharma, Bharti Malhotra, Sherya Khandelwal Ind J Med Micro .2020, doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmmb.2020.10.022,2020
4. Clinico-epidemiological and genomic profile of first Zika Virus outbreak in India at Jaipur city of Rajasthan state. Bharti Malhotra, Veenu Gupta, Pratibha Sharma, Ruchi Singh, Himanshu Sharma, Madhavi Vyas, RP Mathur, VKMathur, Deepa Meena, Hemant Malhotra, Pragya D. Yadav, Gajanan Sapkal, Ullas PT, Gururaj Rao Deshpande,Rashmi Gunjikar, Heena Shaman, Devendra T Mourya, Nivedita Gupta, Sujit Singh, P Ravindran, Jitender Tiwari,Dimpal A. Nyayanit, Neeraj Kumar, Sameer Phalke ,Anup Chugani, Sudhir Bhandari, Prashanth Suravajhala, PooranSingh Solanki , Manila Salaria. J Infect Public Health. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2020.10.006
5. Prevalence of non-tuberculous mycobacteria in patients suspected of tuberculosis and drug resistant tuberculosis. Megha Sharma, Gaurav Sharma, Ravi Prakash Shaliwal, Shipra bhargava, Bharti Malhotra. RUHS Journal ofHealth Sciences 2020; 5, 198-203 DOI: 10.37821/ruhsjhs.5.4.2020.326
6. Profile of Nontuberculous mycobacteria in patients suspected of Tuberculosis and drug resistant Tuberculosis. Megha Sharma, Bharti Malhotra, Jitendra Tiwari, Shipra Bhargava Journal of Laboratory Physicians. 2020,12(3):203-211 DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1721160
7. COVID-19 in Rajasthan: Status and Effects of ContainmentMeasures. Ravi Prakash Sharma1, Jyoti Gupta, Kusum Lata Gaur, Deepa Meena, Praveen Aswal, KK Sharma, Ruchi Singh, Raman Sharma, Bharti Malhotra, Disha Meena. International Journal of Medicine and Public Health. 2020, 10(4):202-206 DOI: 10.5530/ijmedph.2020.4.43
8. Laboratory preparedness for SARS-CoV-2 testing in India: Harnessing a network of Virus Research & Diagnostic Laboratories. Nivedita Gupta, Varsha Potdar, Ira Praharaj, Sidhartha Giri, Gajanan Sapkal, Pragya Yadav, Manohar Lal Choudhary,Lalit Dar, AP Sugunan, Harmanmeet Kaur, Ashok Munivenkatappa, Jayanthi Shastri, Krishnasamy Kaveri, Shanta,Dutta, Bharti Malhotra, Amita Jain, Kammilli Nagamani, GB Shantala, Sharmila Raut, MM Vegad, Ajanta Sharma,Aashish Choudhary, Megha Brijwal, Anukumar Balakrishnan, Jayaswamy Manjunatha, Manish Pathak.Sivasubramanian Srinivasan, Hasina Banu, Himanshu Sharma, Parul Jain, Pakalpati Sunita, R Ambica, Babita Fageria, Disha Patel, Gitika Rajbongshi, Neetu Vijay, Jitendra Narayan, Neeraj Aggarwal, Anu Nagar, Raman R Gangakhedkar, Priya AbrahamInd J Med Res 2020: 216- . DOI:10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_594_20 PMID:32242875
9. First isolation of SARS-CoV-2 from clinical samples in India. Prasad Sarkale, Savita Patil, Pragya D Yadav, Dimpal A Nyayanit, Gajanan Sapkal, Shrikant Baradkar, Rajen Lakra,Anita Shete-Aich, Sharda Prasad, Atanu Basu, Lalit Dar, Veena Vipat, Sidhartha Giri, Varsha Potdar, Manohar LalChoudhary, Ira Praharaj, Amita Jain, Bharti Malhotra, Pranita Gawande, Kaumudi Kalele, Nivedita Gupta, Sarah S Cherian, Priya Abraham. Ind J Med Res 2020: 244---DOI:10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_1029_20 PMID:32362649
10. Genomic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 strains among Indians returningfrom Italy, Iran & China, & Italian tourists in India. Varsha Potdar, Sarah S Cherian, Gururaj Rao Deshpande, Padinjaremattathil Thankappan Ullas, Pragya D Yadav, Manohar Lal Choudhary, Rohan Gughe, Veena Vipat, Sheetal Jadhav, Savita Patil, Dimpal Nyayanit, TriparnaMajumdar, Atul Walimbe, Shivshankar Gaikwad, Hitesh Dighe, Anita Shete-Aich, Sreelekshmy Mohandas, DeepikaChowdhury, Gajanan Sapkal, Atanu Basu, Nivedita Gupta, Raman R Gangakhedkar, Sidhartha Giri, Lalit Dar, AmitaJain, Bharti Malhotra, Priya Abraham, NIC Team Ind J med Res 2020: 255. DOI:10.4103 /ijmr.IJMR_1058_20PMID: 32362650.
11. A cluster of SARS-CoV-2 infection among Italiantourists visiting India, March 2020. Jeromie Wesley Vivian Thangaraj, Manoj Murhekar, Yatin Mehta, Sushila Kataria, Megha Brijwal, Nitesh Gupta,Aashish Choudhary, Bharti Malhotra, Madhavi Vyas, Himanshu Sharma, Naveen Yadav, Tarun Bhatnagar, NiveditaGupta, Lalit Dar, Raman R Gangakhedkar, Balram Bhargava.Ind J Med Res 2020; 151: 438-443. DOI: 10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_1722_20
12. Hepatitis E outbreak in Jaipur due to Genotype IA. Bharti Malhotra, Farah Deba, Pratibha Sharma, Khushbu Trivedi, Jitendra Tiwari, Aradhana Chouhan, Ruchi Singh,Deepa Meena, HN Verma. Ind J Med Micro 2020.38: 46-51. DOI:10.4103/ijmm.IJMM_19_433
13. Detection of African genotype inHyalomma tick pools during Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever outbreak, Rajasthan, India, 2019. Rima R. Sahaya, Suhas Dhandored, Pragya D. Yadava,, Arun Chauhand, Lenin Bhatth, Vipin Gargi,Nivedita Guptab,Dimpal A. Nyayanita, Anita M. Shetea, Ruchi Singhe, Savita Patila,Himanshu Sharmaf, Deepa Meenae, Jyoti Guptae,Pranita Gawandea, Kaumudi Kalelea,Rajlaxmi Jaina, Deepak Malia, Bharti Malhotra, Vijayalakshmi Nagg, Prabhat K. Khatrij, Harmanmeet Kaurc, Neetu Vijayc, Sujeet Singhd, Maya Gopalakrishnan. Virus Research.2020: 286; 198046.DOI: 10.1016/j.virusres.2020.1
1) Dr. Nazneen Pathan. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August 2021
2) Dr. Dinesh Jain. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August 2021
3) Dr. Varunika Vijayvergiya. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August 2021
4) Dr Rekha Bachhiwal. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in January 2021
5) Dr. Manju Yadav. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in January 2021
6) Dr. Parul Sinha. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August 2020
7) Dr.Sandeep Gupta. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August, 2020
8) Dr. Malvika Sharma. Dakshta Praman Patra awarded by Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College, Jaipur in August 2020
9) Dr. Bharti Malhotra. Award for meritorious services by Rajasthan State government, on 26th January 2019
10) Dr. Bharti Malhotra. Rajasthan Medical Council Award for excellence in Diagnostic services 2018
11) Dr. Bharti Malhotra. Private practitioners society award for excellence in Microbiology 2018
12) Dr. Bharti Malhotra. Sheikh Abdullah best published paper award by SMS Jaipur year 2017 – BhartiMalhotra et al Evaluation of custom multiplex real - time RT - PCR in comparison to fast - track diagnostics respiratory 2l pathogens kit for detection of multiple respiratory viruses.
13) Dr. Bharti Malhotra. Best Participant award in Gel Electrophoresis work shop at Nagpur
Last Updated: 14.10.2021