Seminars and workshop
Department Of Microbiology
Projects & Programmes running in the department
1. Rapid immediate diagnosis of MDR TB FIND & CTD.
2. Antiviral and anti Mycobacterial activity of Hawan samagri extract.
3. Establishment of State Virology Reference lab (DHR).
4. Establishment of network of laboratories for managing epidemic and natural calamities- DHR.
5. Enhancing bio risk mitigation awareness in public health community and creating lab networks for enhanced diagnostic capabilities to deal with surveillance and outbreaks of high risk group- viral pathogens causing viral hemorrhagic fever and respiratory infections.
6. Detection of EFGR mutations in non small cell lung carcinoma.
7. Measles and Rubella lab: A multicentre project by WHO.
8. National Program On Containment Of Antimicrobial Resistance And AMR Surveillance With National Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) Govt. Of India
9. Integrated Disease Surveillance Program (IDSP) Under National Health Program For Epidemic Prone Infectious Disease.
10. Crohn’d disease in India: A multicentre study from a country where intestinal tuberculosis as well Johne’s disease is endemic.
11. Project by AIIMS, ICMR and CDC on Surveillance Of Hospital Acquired Infections To Detect And Prevent Anti Microbial Resistance In India
12. International Multi Centric Study In Collaboration With Johnhopkins Institure, USA For Project PREVAIL (Pneumonia Research And Vaccine Impact League)
13. Comparison Of Oral Microbial Profile And Antibiotic Susceptibility Pattern From Patients With OSCC And Pre Cancerous Lesions. Project under MDRU, Chairman, LRAC, Jaipur
Projects & Programmes Completed in the department
1. Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in slum areas of Jaipur city - ICMR.
2. Establishment of grade I virology – ICMR tasks force projects - ICMR
3. Utility of monitoring HIV – 1 Viral load in HIV Positive Patients – State DST
4. A project on Medical education entitled “Introduction of case based learning in teaching of Microbiology in undergraduate students.”
5. A project on Human corneal epithelial stem cell culture and transplantation (2010-14) –ICMR
6. International Multi Centric Study In Collaboration With John Hopkins Institute, Usa For 2 Studies Basis And Inspire On Streptococcus Pneumoniae Serotype And Vaccine Impact In India
Workshops and conferences conducted in the Department
1. Training workshop under NVHCP for Lab Technicians on Viral hepatitis: Lab diagnosis. On Feb 4 to Feb 6, 2020 at Dept of Microbiology, SMS Medical College.
2. AMR Master Class: Learn from experts. CME conducted by B.D. diagnostics in collaboration with Dept of Microbiology and Dept of Medicine on Jan 22, 2020 at Hotel Ramada, Jaipur.
3. Molecular diagnosis of infectious diseases: Pre conference workshop (MPAICON) on Jan 10, 2020 at Dept of Microbiology, SMS Medical College.
4. Strengthening intersectoral coordination for prevention and control of zoonotic diseases: Workshop in collaboration with NCDC, IDSP and Animal Husbandary. On Nov 4 to 5, 2019 at SIHFW, Jhalana Doongri.
5. CME on Antimicrobial Resistance under IAMM- Rajasthan Chapter on 26.05.2019
6. Training of site personnel on HIV Sentinel Surveillance round 16 (on 26 and 27 January 2017)
7. Detection of bcr-abl-1 fusion transcript by Real time PCR on Nov 9, 2016. Conference workshop of 57 annual conferences of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood transfusion (ISHBT)
8. Lancer mutation testing and SNPs with real time PCR on Feb 18, 2015 (Non small cell carcinoma, Chronic Myeloid Leukemia.
9. 38 MICROCON, 2014 (Oct 15 to 19): National conference of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists. Theme: Syndromic and Integrative approach- The way ahead.
10. Rapid detection of MDR Tb, XDRTB and NTM (line probe assays etc) on Oct 15, 2014.
11. Syndromic approach to molecular diagnosis of infections (Multiplex PCR panels Respiratory/Meningitis/Gastroenteritis etc. on Oct 15, 2014.
12. Advanced molecular techniques in diagnosis and monitoring of viral infections. On Oct 15, 2014.
13. Automation in microbial identification and drug susceptibility testing. On Oct 15, 2014.
14. Complete molecular flow- sample to results with real time PCR and pyrosequencing on Oct 15, 2014.
15. Spot the diagnosis (Microscopic and photographic slides) on Oct 15, 2014.
16. Hospital infection control. on Oct 15, 2014
17. Drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in RNTCP. on Oct 15, 2014
18. Scientific writing and peer reviewed publication on Oct 16, 2014.
19. Medical education- Systemic approach to student assessment in Microbiology. Oct 16, 2014
20. SBS-ASM workshop on introduction to Bio Risk management systems. Oct 16, 2014
Publications In Index Journal : (Year 2018-2020)
1. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among patients presenting in OPD at tertiary care Hospital, Rajasthan: A questionnaire based study. Gupta P, Gupta R. Int J Sci Res publ 2020; 10(1): 656-660.
2. Seroprevalence of IgM and IgG Antibodies to Toxoplasma infection in HIV positive Antiretroviral therapy naïve individuals. Saloni Garg, Nitya vyas, Babita Sharma Muller Journal of Medical Sciences and Research 2019: 10(1) : 8-12
3. Correlation of C-Reactive Protein and blood culture in neonatal sepsis. Niza Monga, Nitya vyas, Babita Sharma.. Indian Journal of Neonatal Medicine and Research 2018 6: 3:5-8
4. Maina Raiger, Aruna Vyas, Rajni Sharma and Bharti Malhotra, Detectionof Vancomycin intermediate and vancomycin resistance in clinical isolates of staphylococcus aureus in Tertiary care hospital, international journal of medical & health research, vol – 5, issue 6, june 2019, page no. 1-4.
5. Neha Agarwal, Lokendr Goyal, Rekha Bacchiwal, Antimicrobial Susceptibility pattern of enterococcus Spp. Isolated from urine sample from a tertiary care hospital. IJSR, Vol 8, Issue 10, Oct 2019.
6. Dr. Kavita Morya, Dr. Rajni Sharma, Dr.Aruna Vyas, Dr. H O Khoja and Dr. Nitya Vyas, clinical Microbiological spectrum of diabetic foot ulcer with multidrug resistant organisms at tertiary care hospital, jaipur journal of medical sciences and Research JMSCR / Vo/08/issue /07/ page 83-91/ july.
7. Vinita choudhary, Nita Pal and saroj Hooj. Phenotypic detection of ESBI, ampC and MBL beta lactamases among clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a tertiary care hospital of North India. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical research. Vol 4, Issue 12(A), P.No. 3902-3906, December 2018.
8. Vinita Choudhary, Nita Pal and Saroj Hooja, Prevalence and antibiotic resistance pattern of metello beta lactamase producing pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from clinical specimens ina tertiary care hospital, Journal of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Vol 24, Issue – 1, Page 19-22,2019
9. Snigdha Purohit, Aruna Vyas, Rajni Sharma, Devender Purohit and Nitya Vyas. Study of Bacteriological Profile and Antimicrobial susceptibility of central line associated blood stream infections among Trauma Icu Patients. Rajasthan Medical Journal, Page No. 72-79, Dec (Supplement) 2019
10. Snigdha Purohit, Aruna Vyas and Rajni Sharma, Bacteriological Profile From Cell Phones Amongst Laboratory Personnel at Tertiary care hospital. RMJ, Vol – 14, Issue 1, Page No. 10-14, January 2020.
11. Parul Gupta, Rajni Sharma, Aruna Vyas and Amit Tak. Comparative Evaluation of Borth Microdilution with E Test. Vitek 2 and disk diffusion for susceptibility testing of colistin on gram negative bacteria. IJMS, Vol X, Issue x. xxx-xxx- 2020 Page No. – 1- 6
Last Updated: 12.02.2021