Department Of Pediatrics
· Department has 8 units in SPINPH, 2 neonatal units in Zenana Hospital and Mahila Chikitsalya and 1 pediatric unit in Gangori, Kanwatia and Sethi Colony Hospital.
· All units have adequate facultyand facilities as per MCI norms.
· Department has 764 indoor beds.
· Department is supported by round the clock Central lab, Radiology department, Blood bank, Emergency and Echocardiography services.
B. Programs & Services Offered
· All the faculty members of the department, participate actively in national programmes like RNTCP, ART etc.
· Department also caters specialty services to the people by providing special clinical- services like Cardiology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Hemato-oncology, Neurology, Endocrinology & Rare Diseases.
· Department was actively involved in swine -flu epidemic of 2012 to control the disease. Suspected & diagnosed patients were admitted to the Hospital in isolation wards and they were treated accordingly. This work was done in collaboration with state & Central Govt authorities & other actively participating tertiary hospitals.
· Department actively participated in National, International& WHO days and for awareness of all the strata of society about their health care promotion & prevention of diseases.
· We have separate DOTS center for screening, counseling and treatment for tuberculosis patientsand immunization clinic in which children are immunized.
· Department is also providing services to the B.Sc. Nursing Government college students.
· Department is organizing guest lectures on common topics and burning issues of healthcare management.
· Various awareness programs are arranged for the common people & for medical & paramedical staff.
· Department is nodal centre for IMNCI,F-IMNCI,MNTC,NSSK trainings.
· A child development clinic (CDC) is running three days a week.
· Department is running newborn screening program for CH, CAH & G6PD
· Department is running stem cell Counseling center
Raj Sambal Portal
This digital platform has been created for donors by the Government for facilitating voluntary donation for treatment of patients with Rare Diseases. The information relating to the patients, diseases from which they are suffering, estimated cost of treatment and details of bank account is available on this portal.
The portal is developed by DoIT under guidance and supervision of Department of Medical Education.
National policy for Rare Diseases 2021 suggested States to generate funds for treatment of Rare Diseases through voluntary donations.
Link for the portal